It is currently April 26th, 2024, 11:00 pm

No Anti-Aliasing in Win7?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ast0reth

No Anti-Aliasing in Win7?

Post by Ast0reth »

I had previously had my WinXP Rainmeter set up and configured just how I wanted it. I finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 7 (DX10!) so I backed up all my Rainmeter stuff and went for it. When I reinstalled Rainmeter and loaded my theme, everything technically loaded right, but all my icons are very aliased. I found an old screenshot of my desktop and I am not crazy. Here is a screencap of my looking at my screencap for comparison purposes.

Does anyone know what setting this is and how to change it back to anti-aliasing: on?

*EDIT*
Well, apparently where I had my image hosted doesn't keep things hosted for long. I'll re-up it after work, but until then I have just one question:

Why would my install of Rainmeter on WinXP have my entire theme Anti-Aliased by default, but my install of Rainmeter on Win7 show no signs of Anti-Aliasing on the same theme?

Thank you,
Ast0reth
Last edited by Ast0reth on July 15th, 2010, 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ast0reth

Post by Ast0reth »

Here is an example of what I am talking about. Does anyone know the code to enable AntiAliasing on these images? I have tried throwing AntiAlias=1 just about everywhere.

Ast0reth

Re: No Anti-Aliasing in Win7?

Post by Ast0reth »

Does anyone know if Anti-Aliasing of images in Rainmeter is something that is done live (i.e. it could be a video card driver problem) or if it just smooths them once and uses those images?

Anything you know to point me in the right direction would be helpful.