It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:32 am

Suduko Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JpsCrazy

Suduko Skin

Post by JpsCrazy »

I've pretty much finished a Suduko skin that works very well.
(Instead of editing a number, you click it to increase to 9, then back to 0. ;))

The biggest, and most confounding problem for me: I don't play Suduko.
That means: I have no what the starting numbers that give hints should be.
(Solving a blank Suduko puzzle isn't fun, and neither is finding numbers to start out with elsewhere.)

Is there a logical way to make a Suduko puzzle (not finished) with all the starting numbers WITHOUT completing one and choosing random numbers from that?
I tried once for a Math project awhile back, but putting in random numbers doesn't work. No hints to the player - no real way to play. And there's a chance it's impossible.
I tried googling it - but all I can find is a program to make them for you, playing them online, and automatic solvers.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I can figure out how to apply it to the skin, if you can give me the way a Suduko starts.
Chewtoy

Re: Suduko Skin

Post by Chewtoy »

Make your own suduko playfield (all the number in there so it's compleated), then just remove most of the numbers..
The starting numbers could be anything, as you can see by most sudukos.
That's how I learned to do it atleast (yeah, I got to do it in math-class as well - make your own and switch with a friend!).
http://www.suduku.us/ <-- Just look at those and see how a suduku starts.

I wonder if that's to any help at all....
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

I thought of that but I'd either have to make like a bunch of different games myself, or have people play the same game over and over...
I was hoping there was some sort of formula/method to get those so it could be different everytime.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Take the ones from http://www.suduku.us/ ?
They are possible ones, don't know if you're allowed to take them but you could always look at their leagal section or something.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.