W=100
H=50
SolidColor=#Color3#
LineColor=#Color2#
jsmorley
Developer

Re: help:what does the 'r' mean?

Post by jsmorley »

"r" (or "R") means "relative". What this does is set the X or Y position of a meter relative to the position of the meter just before it.

So if you have

[Meter1]
X=10
Y=10

[Meter2]
X=r
Y=10r

Then Meter2 will follow immediately to the right of the right hand side of Meter1, and 10 pixels below the bottom of Meter1. An "r" without any value just means the same as "0r".

In addition, you can use the capital "R" to mean relative to the beginning of the previous meter, instead of the end.

[Meter1]
X=10
Y=10

[Meter2]
X=30R
Y=10R

This means Meter2 will be positioned 30 pixels to the right of the left edge of Meter1, and 10 pixels from the top of Meter1.

Hope this helps.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

It means "relative to the previous meter". With X=r, the meter will look at the X-position of the previous meter and use that as its X-position. With Y=15r, the meter will look at the Y-position of the previous meter and use that as its Y-position, then add 15 to it. So if you previous meter was at (30, 20) this meter will show up at (30, 35).

EDIT: Beat me to it ;).
ImageImageImageImage
pashashocky

Post by pashashocky »

Thanks jsmorley, reminded me, i knew it ment relative, but i clearly forgot that it was with meters :P
[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6144/jokeryo.png[/img]
lance_vs

Post by lance_vs »

jsmorley wrote:"r" (or "R") means "relative". What this does is set the X or Y position of a meter relative to the position of the meter just before it.

So if you have

[Meter1]
X=10
Y=10

[Meter2]
X=r
Y=10r

Then Meter2 will follow immediately to the right of the right hand side of Meter1, and 10 pixels below the bottom of Meter1. An "r" without any value just means the same as "0r".

In addition, you can use the capital "R" to mean relative to the beginning of the previous meter, instead of the end.

[Meter1]
X=10
Y=10

[Meter2]
X=30R
Y=10R

This means Meter2 will be positioned 30 pixels to the right of the left edge of Meter1, and 10 pixels from the top of Meter1.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I think i have got it!
keep silence! ^^