It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:35 pm

Meters not appearing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
G2K

Meters not appearing

Post by G2K »

I'm making a skin which will feature a whole bunch of buttons to be used as icon replacements of sorts, similar to that one theme the resembles Windows Phone 7. I've created one, and it shows up fine, but any subsequent ones on't show up. The most button I can get to display at once is just one, and I know the filenames are correct. Here is the code currently:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Author=gaph2000@gmail.com
AppVersion=1
Update=500

[Steam]
Meter=BUTTON
X=250
Y=250
ButtonImage=Icons\Steam.png
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe"]

[PhotoshopCS5]
Meter=BUTTON
X=135
Y=135
ButtonImage=Icons\PhotoshopCS5.png
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe"]

Also, just so I don't have to create a new thread about it, how would I get a button to launch a program minimized to the tray, or more specifically, Steam? Launching the .exe only starts the tray icon.
poiru
Developer

Re: Meters not appearing

Post by poiru »

Do your icons have three frames?
The image must have 3 frames which can be set either horizontally or vertically (the orientation is determined by the width and height of the image). The first frame corresponds to he button's normal image. The second frame is shown when the button is clicked. The third frame is shown while the mouse is hovering over the button.
Example:
G2K wrote:Also, just so I don't have to create a new thread about it, how would I get a button to launch a program minimized to the tray, or more specifically, Steam? Launching the .exe only starts the tray icon.
Look around here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options#Steam_.28Windows.29
G2K

Post by G2K »

poiru wrote:Do your icons have three frames? Example:
Yep, they've got 3 frames. I can upload the skin folder if you'd like to see them.

EDIT: The button show up if they each have their own individual skin. Am I not supposed to be able to have more than one skin in a folder running at a time? 'Cause turning one on turns any others in that folder off.
OK, I figured it might have to do with the program's parameters, but how do I set those in Rainmeter? "["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 7]" doesn't work.

EDIT: I tried creating a file called Steam.url with the address "steam://open/games", and opening the file will do exactly what I want. However, clicking the Rainmeter button that is set to launch it ( ["C:\Users\Graham\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Icon Corner\Icons\Steam.url"] ) does nothing. The path and filename are correct.
G2K

Post by G2K »

Okay, well, the Steam problem seems to have fixed itself. I've gotten the multiple buttons to appear at once by having them each in their own folder now too, so I guess problem resolved.