It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:29 pm

rainmeter plugins problem......

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
awaisagha

rainmeter plugins problem......

Post by awaisagha »

hi guys this is my 1st post here in this forum...i have been using rain meter skins from quite a bit time and i like it..i liked it....u can see my gallery on deviantart i have uploaded so many screens shots....
http://awaisagha.deviantart.com/

well the problem i am facing is,that....all skins work perfect and i have learnt somehow how to edit skins by editing .ini files...but there is a problem...i downloaded rainmeter from this site...i mean rainmeter own site....but in some skins there are things like....folders...i mean shortcut to folders....when i turn it on....on exact one.....i mean on x64 (as i am using windows7 x64 ultimate) but it asks for some missing plugins or .dll files..... n thats not 1 or 2... there are almost 10-12times i have to press OK button n then skin comes n although it works fine but it keeps telling me about missing pluigins of .dll files...something like....file list plugin.dll not found....then.... the meter size cannot be found with folder size pix.......n such... with folder pix, screensize...

can anyone guide me how i resolve this issue...i will be thankful to u for ur kind help...
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: rainmeter plugins problem......

Post by Alex2539 »

You're going to need to be a lot more specific than that. What skin are you trying to install? What does the error say exactly?

If I had to guess, I'd say it sounds like you downloaded a skin that is using a plugin that is not included with Rainmeter by default. If that's the case, you have either not installed the plugin properly or you are trying to run a 32-bit plugin with the 64-bit version of Rainmeter.
awaisagha

Post by awaisagha »

Alex2539 wrote:You're going to need to be a lot more specific than that. What skin are you trying to install? What does the error say exactly?

If I had to guess, I'd say it sounds like you downloaded a skin that is using a plugin that is not included with Rainmeter by default. If that's the case, you have either not installed the plugin properly or you are trying to run a 32-bit plugin with the 64-bit version of Rainmeter.

ok thanks for answering...let me tell u more specific details..
i am using windows7 x64 and i have downloaded the 64bit version of rainmeter and then i am trying to install the following skin:
http://lukunder.deviantart.com/art/2nd-164399168?q=1&qo=1

if u see in preview pic,it is showing folder shortcuts,when i try to load it,it does come but after 10-12clicks on missing plugins error messages...it works fine but it annoys by missing plugins everytime i update rainmeter for weather updates or system restart...

still if u need more info,i will surely say u...thanks a lot for nice help...
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Try downloading this: FileListPlugin-win64_2010-03-15.zip
Unzip it and place "FileListPlugin.dll" in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins
awaisagha

Post by awaisagha »

Alex2539 wrote:Try downloading this: FileListPlugin-win64_2010-03-15.zip
Unzip it and place "FileListPlugin.dll" in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins
well that helped and worked fine and that problem got over...but i have just one question just for my knowledge...that y this plugin is not packed with rain meter application?