It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:10 am

Widgets won't display using 8bar

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
hakkako

Widgets won't display using 8bar

Post by hakkako »

Hello all, new to Rainmeters/modding anything visual on my PC besides the background here :)

I've been searching around and stumbled across Rainmeter (amazing tool, btw) - my problem is that coming off of a fresh install, I am able to view/modify widgets using the default skins (Enigma and whatnot). However, after using the self-installer (express install, not custom) for 8bar... none of the widgets are visible.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks~
Chewtoy

Re: Widgets won't display using 8bar

Post by Chewtoy »

Reload them. 8Bar probably told rainmeter to use another theme when the installation was complete.
So, right click on a skin or the tray icon, look for the skins you want, click on them and they should load. Then move them to where you want to have them.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
hakkako

Post by hakkako »

Thanks for the quick reply~

I tried activating the skin via the notification area icon, along with it's various widgets as suggested above... but there was no change still. It only shows the basic version (without any widgets - it's a blank bar). Any further guidance would be much appreciated!

Edit: I found that I am able to fully use all of the default widgets/template features with no problems. It's only with 8bar that I'm having issues. I also tried installing an older version of Rainmeter (64 bit beta version from svn revision 380) since the creator states "Note: 8Bar REQUIRES Rainmeter Beta 1.2 r380 or above or it WON'T install." on his deviantART page. Again, there was no change~
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Just what are you doing?
A skin that you load from Config -> SomeSkin should not effect any other skin in your set up.
A link to the skin would be appreciated. It might be as simple that you are loading a theme and not individual skins. Or it might be so simple that you're only loading the background for 8Bar and not the other skins that should be 'on' it.
hakkako

Post by hakkako »

Step by step (from a fresh install), I've been:
1) Opening Rainmeter (default Enigma skin loads)
2) Right clicking in the notification area to load submenu
3) Selecting Config -> 8 -> Clock.ini
**No clock loads - it's the same for any of the widgets.

I am able to see the main bar (it has options to see with or without computer stats) in both forms. The only real issue is that the widgets from the 8Bar package do not load.

Also, I've just tried to load all of the individual widgets via the RainBrowser. The same thing applies as above - the main bar can be toggled, but no widgets load (despite saying they're active).

Link to 8Bar skin: http://saadbaig.deviantart.com/art/8Bar-157272041
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Can't really say what your problem is. I got no problems what so ever loading any of the skins in that suit.
Make sure that they all are marked as "keep on screen".
If they still don't show, reinstall 8bar.