It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:47 am

Problem getting right size for backing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ntsmitt

Problem getting right size for backing

Post by ntsmitt »

I am trying to get the entire gif image to appear on the desktop i was able to get it to work but not show the whole image the outline, backing, or box that goes around a skin needs to be expanded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[Metadata]
Name=GIFBitmap
Config=GIF
Description=Displays a "Bitmap" made from a .gif file using ImageMagick to convert a .gif to a multi-frame bitmap image.
Instructions=See .ini file for how to get and use ImageMagick
Version=March 8, 2010
Tags=GIF | Animation
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Variant=
Preview=

[MeasureAnimation]
Measure=CALC
Formula=Counter % 20

[MeterAnimation]
Meter=BITMAP
MeasureName=MeasureAnimation
BitmapImage=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.bmp
BitmapFrames=21
BitmapExtend=1

;[END CONFIG FILE]================================
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Problem getting right size for backing

Post by jsmorley »

ntsmitt wrote:I am trying to get the entire gif image to appear on the desktop i was able to get it to work but not show the whole image the outline, backing, or box that goes around a skin needs to be expanded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[Metadata]
Name=GIFBitmap
Config=GIF
Description=Displays a "Bitmap" made from a .gif file using ImageMagick to convert a .gif to a multi-frame bitmap image.
Instructions=See .ini file for how to get and use ImageMagick
Version=March 8, 2010
Tags=GIF | Animation
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0
Variant=
Preview=

[MeasureAnimation]
Measure=CALC
Formula=Counter % 20

[MeterAnimation]
Meter=BITMAP
MeasureName=MeasureAnimation
BitmapImage=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.bmp
BitmapFrames=21
BitmapExtend=1

;[END CONFIG FILE]================================
Without getting into the rest of your somewhat familiar looking skin.. ;-)

Add this to the top of the file:

[Rainmeter]
Update=100
DynamicWindowSize=1

That should allow the skin to dynamically resize to fit the complete image.

Let me know if that does what you want. If not, we can look a bit deeper.
ntsmitt

Post by ntsmitt »

I added [Rainmeter]
Update=100
DynamicWindowSize=1

To the Top saved and refreshed the skin. But it did not increase the size of the outline box. It is still cutting the image off on the sides. I also tried adding..this section to try and increase it but with no luck. Not sure if the Meter=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.png is right but anyways Thanks for taking a look.

;[Backing]
;Meter=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.png
;SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 192
;X=0
;Y=0
;W=200
;H=200
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

ntsmitt wrote:I added [Rainmeter]
Update=100
DynamicWindowSize=1

To the Top saved and refreshed the skin. But it did not increase the size of the outline box. It is still cutting the image off on the sides. I also tried adding..this section to try and increase it but with no luck. Not sure if the Meter=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.png is right but anyways Thanks for taking a look.

;[Backing]
;Meter=ImagesBitmap\sscar_e0.png
;SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 192
;X=0
;Y=0
;W=200
;H=200
I think at this point I need the whole skin and the image(s) zipped up and attached here or posted somewhere with a link. I'll be glad to take a look, but might be guessing without the source material.
ntsmitt

Post by ntsmitt »

I have attached the skin and picture in the file below if you get a chance to take a look that would be great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ntsmitt on June 27th, 2010, 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Something doesn't seem right. The bitmap referenced in the skin is not in the .zip?
ntsmitt

Post by ntsmitt »

I added what I have now, It seems to be working but not quite right I will leave a zip of what i have, there is an image and it moves through the window but it seems as the window is to small.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

One of us is confused.

I think you are missing the point of how a bitmap meter works in Rainmeter.

What you have in that folder is a series of images, each one slightly different, so that if you were to view them in order you would get "flip book" animation. So far so good. Then you have an image sscar_e0.bmp that you are referencing in the skin. That is a single "frame" of this animation, looks like the first one.

Then you are using that single frame image / bitmap in a Bitmap meter telling it this is an image that has 21 frames. Also correct, but uhm.... The image is just one 449 x 60 frame. So the bitmap meter, does just what it says in the manual and assumes you want to chop up that image into 21 equal pieces and display them one at a time. So you get a 21 pixel display that shows 1/21st of the image moving from left to right.

What I THINK you meant to do, is create a bitmap (using ImageMagik) that is a big image that contains all 21 of the images in that folder. so it would be 9429 px wide consisting of each of those numbered images. Then your skin as written would display a 449 px display and show each of the 21 images in order from right to left.

Another alternative is to not use a bitmap meter at all. Just use an image meter with a dynamic variable as part of the image name. Since your individual frames are numbered, you can use a COUNTER calc to set the image name to something like ImageName=sscar_e0 (#VARIABLE#).png and put DynamicVariables=1 on the image meter. That would display the individual images one at a time, and give you the same effect.
ntsmitt

Post by ntsmitt »

Thank you for your help...I understand now that you explained it what I was doing wrong.