It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:11 am

Universal Music Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BrainStabber

Re: Universal Music Skin

Post by BrainStabber »

Anyone know if some sort of key grabber would help? For example, when you press a toggle button on your laptop to mute/un-mute or play/pause then the key grabber would record either the command or at least the ID of the key. Knowing this might allow you to program in the command or key ID within your skin, e.g. !Execute ["FooBarKeyboard.exe /KeyID42"].

If this worked, it would also help deal with the various ways different keyboards interact with the system's sound or programs. Personally, my laptop has a bunch of crappy ways and none of them seem to overlap. It has buttons on the laptop itself, some on a MS keyboard at work, and some more on a Logitech keyboard at home. All of which screw with the volume in different ways... and it's annoying as hell trying to keep them organized.
DumbDude1994

Post by DumbDude1994 »

BrainStabber wrote:Anyone know if some sort of key grabber would help? For example, when you press a toggle button on your laptop to mute/un-mute or play/pause then the key grabber would record either the command or at least the ID of the key. Knowing this might allow you to program in the command or key ID within your skin, e.g. !Execute ["FooBarKeyboard.exe /KeyID42"].
Rainmeter already does something like this (look up windows command plugin). It is that simple, but the problem isn't implementing it, it's finding what commands you want to be sending to the system. Which could get hectic (AKA sending the computer a signal to explode Hitman Style when you really want it to change what song your listening to). And the only thing key grabbers would do is log the name of the button that you had pressed which could do one of 2 things. Give the ultimate answer to the question which you know, OR simply give out a 42 (answer without a question).
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

If any of you have a multimedia keyboard and have nircmd installed to the correct place (Rainmeter\Addons\NirCmd\) try this command while you have a playlist going in a player that your keyboard controls.

!Execute ["#ADDONSPATH#NirCmd\NirCmd.exe" sendkey 0xB0 press]

That should be "Next Track"
DumbDude1994

Post by DumbDude1994 »

Thanks for showing me that program, is there somewhere that has the rest of the commands for that or is there some way for me to find them for myself.
edit-Never mind I found them here's the link. http://cpap.com.br/orlando/SendKeysMore.asp