It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:15 am

Blank RSS feeds?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
l337toast

Blank RSS feeds?

Post by l337toast »

Hello everyone. I recently installed rainmeter and have been able to customize several aspects successfully. However, I can't for the life of me, get any RSS feeds or weather feeds to display. Even using the default URLs in the configuration settings, the only thing I see is a blank news window when I enable any RSS feed under the enigma theme. I've also entered my weather code (8-digit and alternatively US zipcode) but have had absolutely no luck in displaying my weather. If anyone could help me in solving these problems I would highly appreciate it.
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Blank RSS feeds?

Post by JamesAC »

Are you behind a proxy?? and can you access the sites in Internet Explorer??
l337toast

Post by l337toast »

I typed in the default RSS1 link into my internet explorer browser: http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&hl=en&topic=h&num=10&output=rss and was taken to a google news page, so I assume it is working under Internet explorer.

I also used http://ip-lookup.net/ to verify if I was behind a proxy and apparently I am not.

If it helps, my default browser is currently firefox.
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Ok, load one of the skins you are having trouble with and right click on it, then select "about", and find the config in the list, check whether or not each of the measures shown beneath it has any info.

Also, which skins are you using??
l337toast

Post by l337toast »

I've tried the default enigma skin and I haven't had luck with others

EDIT - the RSS window in about is blank for some reason
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Strange. Ok, right click on the skin and select "show log file" when it prompts you to create the file, select yes. Then refresh the skin and open the log file again. At the bottom you should find some entries which say Webparser:... Copy and paste them here between code tags and we should be able to see the issue