It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:12 am

Snapping/Edges of screen

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
WhiteBaron

Snapping/Edges of screen

Post by WhiteBaron »

I was wondering what options we have to work with snapping skins to eachother or edges of the screen. I have seen snapping centred to a single character in a string, or something similar to that.

I'm looking at making my skins snap to eachother, but I want there to be a fixed gap between them. Is there something I can do to make this gap without just increasing the width of a meter or putting a blank png over the top?

Also, I want to be able to specify which side of the screen a config goes to when it is loaded. I've attached an image of what I am working on, the console has buttons that load left, right etc. version of the clock. I want these left and right versions to jump to the left and right side of the screen when they are loaded, rather than just appearing where the previous one was (each new clock replaces the last).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Snapping/Edges of screen

Post by dragonmage »

No there are no controls for snapping other than changing the skin size.

For your switching sides, the best way to do it honestly is to put the .inis in different folders so they get a different entry in Rainmeter.ini. You will have to distribute a .thm with your skins there is no way to accomplish what you want without a custom edited Rainmeter.ini. Every skin you want to open in a particular position needs an existing entry in Rainmeter.ini to tell it where to open.