It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:27 pm

Temperature plugin not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Eidwlon

Temperature plugin not working

Post by Eidwlon »

Hi, I had been thinking about a Rainmeter-only plugin to measure the temperature of the CPU and GPU, when I bumped into this thread. I read it and tried it out (with 32-bit and admin rights), but I am still stuck with the problem that only my GPU is being read, there is no response whatsoever from my CPU (Intel Core2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00 GHz).

Does anyone know what else I could try to do to make it work? I did put the three Winring0 files in the rainmeter.exe folder, I re-downloaded the plugin, I have the latest Rainmeter version...

On a side note: the SpeedFan program apparently also has problems reading my CPU, as it only shows GPU data...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
maminscris

Re: Temperature plugin not working

Post by maminscris »

Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
Eidwlon

Post by Eidwlon »

Yes, that is exactly the one I mean. I downloaded it and put it in the plugins folder, then I put the Winring0 files in the Program Files\Rainmeter, but still it only shows only GPU, not CPU. Am I missing something obvious, or is it just not possible with my configurations (maybe it's windows vista's fault, as it never does anything right)?
Eidwlon

Post by Eidwlon »

No one has any experience with this plugin? :(
EonofAeon

Post by EonofAeon »

I actually wanted to know a few things. I know there's the speedfan plugin, but I've read that it only shows CPU temps. And there's the one linked here, which, as Eidwlon has the same issue as me, only shows GPU temps. I'm curious...How would I go about making them both work in showing GPU AND CPU, or at least how would I get them to get along? (Also, how do I make them work with 'addons' or whatever, as I downloaded a 'theme' or 'skin' or w/e called 'Konata' from a blog that hosts various anime inspired Rainmeter additions and I'm wondering how I can go about showing GPU and CPU temp numbers on it...)