It is currently April 20th, 2024, 9:26 am

Lord of the Rings Suite

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ranger7722

Re: Lord of the Rings Suite

Post by ranger7722 »

Ok got everything working with the weather and set the update times accordingly.

The next thing I want to work on is the ring moving. So I looked at the !RainmeterMoveMeter in the manual, but it doesn't give me much information. I assume that I might have to use some sort of IF statement? I think that the best way to do it would be to use a time or date measure, but I'm having trouble thinking how I could make the ring move, for instance, once per day.
Chewtoy

Re: Lord of the Rings Suite

Post by Chewtoy »

Well. Let's say we want to move the Rings X-postition with the day of the year (we move 365 steps on each year).

Forst we have our time measure. Then we feed that in to the MoveMeter so it will move.

Code: Select all

[Day]
Measure=Time
Format=%j

[Motor]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter%2
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=!Execute [!RainmeterMoveMeter [Day] #Y1# Ring]
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!RainmeterMoveMeter [Day] #Y1# Ring]
DynamicVariables=1
That will make the image move a total of 365px on a normal year.
I'm sure you can think of a way to make it move nicely. If you want more than 1px each day (I know I would want to see some more movement), you can just get it in to a Calc-measure that makes the value bigger and all that.
You can also make it move acording from its original position, so you don't have to gor from 0.

[Calculus]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#OriginalX#+Day

That would make it move according to the original moving point, say, the Shyre (or what ever it's called and spelled).
I don't think, therefore I'm not.