It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:55 am

Help with creating a skin to check if a server is online.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GeneralAwesome

Help with creating a skin to check if a server is online.

Post by GeneralAwesome »

Hi there! I got Rainmeter about two weeks ago and I am loving it so far. Of course, I want to make my own addition to it. I'd like to make a skin? I'm not really sure what it is I am making or how to do it, and that is why I need your help. I'd like to make a little notification tool that, at a glance, can tell me whether a server is online or offline. The website is www.alteriw.net. I have the images to do this already. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Help with creating a skin to check if a server is online.

Post by jsmorley »

GeneralAwesome wrote:Hi there! I got Rainmeter about two weeks ago and I am loving it so far. Of course, I want to make my own addition to it. I'd like to make a skin? I'm not really sure what it is I am making or how to do it, and that is why I need your help. I'd like to make a little notification tool that, at a glance, can tell me whether a server is online or offline. The website is http://www.alteriw.net. I have the images to do this already. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!
You want to know when the server computer is offline (ala ping) or you want to know when that website it offline? Two difference approaches.
GeneralAwesome

Re: Help with creating a skin to check if a server is online.

Post by GeneralAwesome »

Sorry this is late,
I suppose I'd like to know if the server computer is offline. Because when the server is offline the website remains online, but it just says that the server is offline.
Thanks for the reply!