It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:28 pm

Hide with transparency!!!!!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
frankm1977

Hide with transparency!!!!!

Post by frankm1977 »

Im looking for a wat to mask a part of a skin with a background bar that will be transparent so it will let me see a part of the skin and my backgroung wallpaper thru it, but will mask another part of the skin....
I dont know if it's clear the way i explain it ?
JpsCrazy

Re: Hide with transparency!!!!!

Post by JpsCrazy »

I kind of get it?
If you want it to completely cover another part of the skin AND be transparent I have no idea how'd you accomplish that with one image.
Only idea would be to make the image two images, one being semi-transparent and the other fully opaque.

Transparency=Alpha level.
It's the 4th set of numbers in a color code.
Low number=High transparency.
As with all color codes, min=0 max=255.
(Regular: 100,60,0,240
Hexadecimal: AA2F00EF)
frankm1977

Post by frankm1977 »

No it's not what i want to do... a part of the skin will will be moving so need to be croped or hiden so only a part of the moving text will be visible so i need to hide it before and after to only reveal a small part of it.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Oh. Like you want a marquee that well, ends without an image?
You can set the width to end at a certain point and try to make the text move through it with the text moving in and out of the margins.
No idea how to do that though.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

frankm1977 wrote:Im looking for a wat to mask a part of a skin with a background bar that will be transparent so it will let me see a part of the skin and my backgroung wallpaper thru it, but will mask another part of the skin....
I dont know if it's clear the way i explain it ?
I think I see what you're saying. You want to have an image or something that defines what part of your skin is visible, right? So that no matter what the skin looks like underneath, only the portion you have defined can be seen... If that's the case, there's no real way I can think of right now that would pull this off. Mind you, if you have a clear idea of the effect you're going for, you might be able to fake it anyway. Rainmeter is actually very limited, so when you want to pull of a comlplex effect, it's usually easier to figure out how to make it look like it's doing something rather than actually making it do it.
ImageImageImageImage
frankm1977

Post by frankm1977 »

And if this is imposible how about to crop it at a certain X position so when it will reach that position it will appear or dissapear cause i dont want to make it scroll like i did with the RSS reader http://frankm77.deviantart.com/#/d2qjxjoso i only want to see a small part of the scrolling text like 150 wight