It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:46 am

Incoming New Guy - Questions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Raconteur

Incoming New Guy - Questions

Post by Raconteur »

Okay. I'm new, and have done my absolute best trying to customize my desktop, and haven't screwed up too much, but I have a list of questions.

-How do I get a skin to link to my live.com e-mail account?
-How to I get the default enigma notes skin to actually show what I write? (I've done the <title></title> thing, still not showing up)
-Can someone explain how weather codes work? I've found the weather code site, but I don't know how much of the URL to use, or where to put it thereafter.
-How do I change the programs that I apply to or add other programs to the bar at the bottom of the default screen? (In picture)

If I think of anything else, I'll post it. Sorry for being so clueless XD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raconteur

Re: Incoming New Guy - Questions

Post by Raconteur »

Aww it's in the wrong forum.

I'm stupid.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Raconteur wrote:-How do I get a skin to link to my live.com e-mail account?
You don't. You can only access an e-mail account that provides some way to get the information through a feed of some sort. GMail has an RSS feed, which is why we can use it.
Raconteur wrote:-How to I get the default enigma notes skin to actually show what I write? (I've done the <title></title> thing, still not showing up)
When you open the notes skin, clicking the icon should open up "notes.txt" in notepad. After that, the notes must be in the following format:

Code: Select all

<title>The title goes here</title>
<notes>All of your notes
Go in here
</notes>
After that, either refresh your notes skin (right-click the skin, choose Skin Menu -> Refresh Skin) or wait about 10 seconds for it to notice the change itself.
Raconteur wrote:-Can someone explain how weather codes work? I've found the weather code site, but I don't know how much of the URL to use, or where to put it thereafter.
Go to http://www.weather.com and search for your location. Once you find it, the URL of that page should look like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/CAXX0301
Your code is the series of characters at the end after "/today/". For me, that would be CAXX0301 (which is Montreal, Canada in case you were wondering). Next, open up EnigmaConfigure.exe either by click the hammer/wrench icon on the Enigma "Home" skin (the one you have open in the middle there), or navigate to My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\Resources\Variables and open up EnigmaConfigure.exe from there. Then, "WeatherCode" should be the first setting there. Type your code in the box at the bottom, then click "Set", then click "Save All" for the change to stick. You can also change the measurement system it uses (ie: metric or imperial) by changing the value for "Units". Then refresh your weather skin and it should work.
Raconteur wrote:-How do I change the programs that I apply to or add other programs to the bar at the bottom of the default screen? (In picture)
Open up EnigmaConfigure.exe again, but this time you're looking for "App1", "App1Path", and "App1Label". The first is the name of the program, the second is the full path to the .exe of that program, and the third is the small text that appears under the name of the program (usually a word that describes its function, like "Music" or "Images"). Set all of the values you want, then choose "Save All" and refresh your skins. Remember to click "Set" before switching to another value, otherwise it won't stick.
ImageImageImageImage
Raconteur

Post by Raconteur »

That's terrific. You rock.

One more question, while I'm here. The RSSFeeds, RSS1 is set to Google News, but the other two, how do I set them? Is there any way to connect to something like, say, Facebook?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .