It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:43 pm

Weather Disparity

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shiraz07

Weather Disparity

Post by shiraz07 »

I opened 3 different weather skins that give different readings for current conditions but have the same xml.weather code!!!!
19C Fair
20C Partly Cloudy
20C Cloudy
Why such a difference when they all have the same weather code?
JpsCrazy

Re: Weather Disparity

Post by JpsCrazy »

That's not that much of a difference.
Also, some substitutes may be different, which would have the same regular description, but it gets changed to what you see now.
Also, it may not be updating at the same rates/times. Try having all threee open and refreshing all Rainmeter skins. (Right click on the taskbar icon and click refresh all)

Post the codes for them if that doesn't work.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Even though they all may use the same weather location code, I doubt that they are all going to the same rss URL. If they were, they would be the same. Differences in "substitutes" and such are possible, but this is a case where if you hear hoofbeats, you are better off thinking "horses" than "zebras".
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Good point.
For some reason when I read 'Same weather code' I translated it as 'Same weather url'.
Sometimes, I just need to slow down. :P
shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

Ok,thanks,I'll check over the update rates & url's etc.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

shiraz07 wrote:Ok,thanks,I'll check over the update rates & url's etc.
Understand of course, that every weather skin is written to work with a particular URL. If you just change the URL and not the RegExp= and the StringIndex numbers in every measure using the results, the skin will simply stop working. I think it is going to be less hassle to just come to terms with the fact that MSN Weather and Yahoo Weather may ask for the same weather code, but don't always return the same results. It depends on when "they" gather and publish the information and a lot of other factors.
shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

jsmorley wrote: Understand of course, that every weather skin is written to work with a particular URL. If you just change the URL and not the RegExp= and the StringIndex numbers in every measure using the results, the skin will simply stop working. I think it is going to be less hassle to just come to terms with the fact that MSN Weather and Yahoo Weather may ask for the same weather code, but don't always return the same results. It depends on when "they" gather and publish the information and a lot of other factors.
On that note I will settle with one config. that seems to be the most 'accurate' according to numerous forecasts sites & not create myself any further hassle.Thanks for the explain...I really didn't realize there were more factors involved than just the city code.