It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:35 am

Fireworks with App Launcher

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kagelou

Fireworks with App Launcher

Post by Kagelou »

Im pretty noob at rainmeter, and I might just be doing something really easy wrong, but I have tried everything and can't get this to work =/
I am using Pileus Suite's App Launcher, and can't get one of them to launch my Fireworks CS5 for some reason. I have tried making it execute Fireworks using different names (Fireworks.exe, Fireworks CS5.exe, Adobe Fireworks CS5.exe, etc.) and have also tried making it target the exact location of the launcher (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS5\Fireworks.exe).
Nothing seemed to work, so I thought there was something wrong with the code. I made it execute my Messenger (Pidgin.exe), and it worked fine =/
I don't know what is wrong! Do I have the name of Fireworks incorrect!? Thanks for any help!

Code: Select all

; -----App4--------------------

[Icon4]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SkinsPath#\Pileus\Resources\Images\Icon Set 4\drop.png
X=0
Y=(#IconSize# + #IconSize# + #IconSize#)
W=#IconSize#
H=#IconSize#
AntiAlias=1
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter IconActive4][!RainmeterHideMeter Icon4][!RainmeterRedraw]

[IconActive4]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=#SkinsPath#\Pileus\Resources\Images\Icon Set 4\dots2.png
X=r
Y=r
W=#IconSize#
H=#IconSize#
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute [Fireworks.exe][!RainmeterShowMeter Icon4][!RainmeterHideMeter IconActive4][!RainmeterRedraw]

[IconBack4]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0, 0, 0, 1
X=r
Y=r
W=#IconSize#
H=#IconSize#

[Title4]
Meter=STRING
X=#IconSize#r
Y=(#IconSize# + #IconSize# + #IconSize# + (#IconSize# / 3))
FontColor=255,255,255
FontFace=#TitleFont#
FontSize=#TitleHeight#
StringAlign=LEFT
;StringEffect=SHADOW
StringStyle=NORMAL
AntiAlias=1
Text=Fireworks

[Separator7]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#BarColor1#
X=r
Y=18r
H=1
W=(#IconSize# + #IconSize#)
Hidden=#ShowLauncherLine#

[Separator8]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=#BarColor1#
X=r
Y=2r
H=1
W=(#IconSize# + #IconSize#)
Hidden=#ShowLauncherLine#
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Fireworks with App Launcher

Post by JamesAC »

Try using the full path to the program again but enclosed in quotes, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS5\Fireworks.exe"

Because the path has spaces in it Rainmeter will not recognise it correctly without quotes
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

OMG it worked! I can't believe it was just a matter of quotes! Thank you!
I still wonder why just Fireworks.exe didn't work though...doesn't have any spaces in it either =/
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Just 'Fireworks.exe' doesn't work because Rainmeter looks for it in the wrong place.
I'm not sure where the default .exe location/search area Rainmeter checks, but it's apparently not where Fireworks.exe it. :P Someone else may enlighten us where Rainmeter looks for .exe's.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JpsCrazy wrote:Just 'Fireworks.exe' doesn't work because Rainmeter looks for it in the wrong place.
I'm not sure where the default .exe location/search area Rainmeter checks, but it's apparently not where Fireworks.exe it. :P Someone else may enlighten us where Rainmeter looks for .exe's.

In the current skin folder if you don't specify otherwise. The exception is things that are in the Windows "Path" like Notepad.

I have found that you always need quotes around the executable and the parameters, whether they have spaces or not in them. (or at least it is safest to do so, as if you get in the habit it always works.)

LeftMouseUpAction=!Execute ["Path\App.exe" "parmameter"]
Kagelou

Post by Kagelou »

That's weird though because for my Messenger, I just have [pidgen.exe] without any path name

ok. From now on I'll use the full path name in quotes~
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Kagelou wrote:That's weird though because for my Messenger, I just have [pidgen.exe] without any path name

ok. From now on I'll use the full path name in quotes~
Then pidgen.exe must be in the windows path. Sometimes programs add themselves to the path when you install them.