It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:02 pm

Powertoy

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Just1ce

Powertoy

Post by Just1ce »

I can't manage to enlarge the 'sleep', 'shut down', ... on powertoy (rainmeter), because when I do it overlaps with the buttons

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JYO5O2M0 is a link to the powertoy script

appreciate any help
Chewtoy

Re: Powertoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Move them so they don't lie so close to each other.
If you look at the code you see that everythinng (all the positions) are hardcoded. Make them relative. That should solve it.
This skin is from the old days. 0.14, so I think it could use a little tune up if nothing else.

But I really don't see the compleat issue. It's just one image that needs to be enlarged. So what's the problem?
Just move the hidden buttons and make them as big as the picture becomes.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Just1ce

Post by Just1ce »

its not the image i'm trying to enlarge, its the text 'sleep' , 'shut down' ,... that appears when you move your mouse over it. The imagesize can stay the same
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Move the entire skin a couple of pixels except for the text. Enlarge the text.
Just1ce

Post by Just1ce »

the reason why I posted this is because I can't manage to do that and was hoping if somebody could help me...
I just started experimenting with rainmeter and I only know the basics, just saying what has to be done doesn't really help me :)
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

I'd suggest you read all of the tutorials.

But really. What part of replacing Y=10 with Y=20 is it that's the trouble?
Just1ce

Post by Just1ce »

what you don't seem to understand is that I've tried everything with my limited knowledge of rainmeter. It didn't work out so that's why I'm asking you guys to do it for me. From your comments it seems like it would take only 2 minutes of your time ;)
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

It would indeed.
But what would You learn from that?
It's better that you learn how it works so you can better understand rainmeter and change (and create) thing to your own liking.

ps. I've pretty much already done the code editing in my last post. All you have to do is implement it.

Look. we are glad to help and answer all your questions. But we are not skins'r'us. So we won't do it for you. We will hold your hand while you are attempting it, but you will have to take the steps.
And to make it easier to take the steps, we have created The Documentation. You should really read all of what's in there to know how to stand, but what you need to focus on for this particular piece is the Rainmeter101. This will give you the skills to survive in the world of rainmeter. In time, you will also not just survive, but live in luxuary as well.
Just1ce

Post by Just1ce »

As soon as I have the time I'll look into it.
Thanks for the help