It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:34 pm

Can't get other skins to load

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
at0m

Can't get other skins to load

Post by at0m »

Hello, first of thanks for all the help. I looked hard for my answer in the postings but i could not find it and now im dead tried and need sleeeeeep :thumbsu: but nevertheless here is my problem.

I just installed windows 7 ult and I am a fan of custom desktops and found my way to rainmeter, looks great from all the pictures. I installed the new beta bc i saw from a post thats what i should use. I installed pileus and when I go to load the skins nothing ever loads. I took off the read only setting in the dir's but it did not work. rainmeter has the skins working in the program but nothing is viewable. also installed HUD.vision skins also.

any help would be great thank you!
JpsCrazy

Re: Can't get other skins to load

Post by JpsCrazy »

Screenshot by what you mean by not viewable?

And explain what you're doing to activate a skin.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Hey I think I was just half asleep last night, but i got it all to work! thanks anyway!
puklo

Post by puklo »

I'm having this problem now. My rainmeter is working with other skins (HUD, Arc, enigma...) I downloaded Mangekyou Sharingan Clock and Meteor Glimps 2. Copied the folders to c:\users\...Rainmeter\skins\. I can see them in Rain Browser but when I try to load them nothing happends...

Any suggestion?

I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise Ed....
puklo

Post by puklo »

I'm having this problem now. My rainmeter is working with other skins (HUD, Arc, enigma...) I downloaded Mangekyou Sharingan Clock and Meteor Glimps 2. Copied the folders to c:\users\...Rainmeter\skins\. I can see them in Rain Browser but when I try to load them nothing happends...

Any suggestion?

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

puklo wrote:I'm having this problem now. My rainmeter is working with other skins (HUD, Arc, enigma...) I downloaded Mangekyou Sharingan Clock and Meteor Glimps 2. Copied the folders to c:\users\...Rainmeter\skins\. I can see them in Rain Browser but when I try to load them nothing happends...

Any suggestion?

Did you refresh ALL from the Rainmeter context menu?
Phamain

Post by Phamain »

puklo wrote:I'm having this problem now. My rainmeter is working with other skins (HUD, Arc, enigma...) I downloaded Mangekyou Sharingan Clock and Meteor Glimps 2. Copied the folders to c:\users\...Rainmeter\skins\. I can see them in Rain Browser but when I try to load them nothing happends...

Any suggestion?

I'm having this same problem with different skins I downloaded.
I tried refreshing.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

TjD

Post by TjD »

Heya. I'm also new at Rainmeter and so far, I have to say it's quite the nifty program! Loving it to the fullest! Anyway, as expected when one posts in the help forum, I'm in some trouble. The problem seems to be at least similar to this issue, so therefore I didn't feel the need to start a new thread but rather to post in this one.

I've messed around a bit with a couple of different skins and until a few hours ago everything went fine. Then I tried to install two other skins and dragged them around a bit until I was content with it. After some time I had restarted my PC, but after I had logged in, the new skins had disappeared. After checking the Rainbrowser, I saw that the skins were actually loaded, but failed to show up on-screen. When I tried to unload one of them in the browse screen, the skin reappeared in the top left corner. The previous skins all loaded and after testing I found out that I could easily edit the old skins without losing the progress in that, but when I edited one of those two new skins, it would disappear once again.

I'm kinda stuck here. I've tried editing the Rainmeter settings, the skin settings and editing the skins, but with my newbie skills and short-sightedness I've failed to find a solution. I've read the Rainmeter 101 and I'm perfectly sure that I've installed the skins the right way. Could anyone please give me a hand?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Get this little utility, run it from anywhere, and paste the entire contents of the text file it creates here
RainEnv.zip