It is currently April 18th, 2024, 2:49 am

Changing Skin Colors

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Raijian

Changing Skin Colors

Post by Raijian »

I'm new to Rainmeter and I'm picking it up but I've come to a bit of a snag. I just got a time and date skin, and if I right click it, go to Skin Menu> Edit skin, and open the text editor to try to change the color, I'm not seeing the 255,0,0 format. I'm seeing something like FontColor:#Color#

I've tried adding numbers after the #Color but i only get one pale green color.

What am I doing wrong <.<? Please help!

Thanks,
smurfier

Re: Changing Skin Colors

Post by smurfier »

#Color# refers to a defined Variable with an RGBA color code. Either find that variable and change it's value, or replace the entire instance of #Color#.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
Raijian

Post by Raijian »

Perfect! I found the variable file, it has this in it:

[Variables]

;Colors
;(Red,Green,Blue,Alpha)
Color=255,0,255,170

;Fonts
Font=Century Gothic
Font2=Futurist Fixed-Width

;Text variables
;NORMAL, ITALIC, BOLD, BOLDITALIC
Style=NORMAL
;NONE, SHADOW, BORDER
Effect=NONE
EffectColor=0,0,0,18

Where it says Color= 255,0,255,170
Could I add more under that, and then they would be defined in the .ini file as #Color1# #Color2# etc?

Or does that not make sense. Right now I can change the time, day and date to one color but if I can figure out a way to give the RGB codes color values such as 1 2 or 3, in the .ini file under the time, day or date individually I can give them separate colors.

That's probably not possible though.

Edit: HAH!! It worked!! Computer Science class paid off BIG TIME lol Thanks for the push in the right direction!
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

You can define almost any variable name. You just cannot use the names of the built-in variables and I believe a few windows variables of which I do not know the names.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .