It is currently April 26th, 2024, 1:40 pm

Questions setting up the launcher/menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Advent

Questions setting up the launcher/menu

Post by Advent »

just started playing with this whole thing and am using the "preview enigma" theme to start out and toy around. i saw the launcher menu that defaults at the top middle of the screen and would like to change the buttons of a couple to open different programs than what they are defaulted to. would also like to change the name. i glanced through the code a few times and am not really sure where to begin or what needs to be changed (novice programmer here at best). could someone point me in the right direction?
JpsCrazy

Re: Questions setting up the launcher/menu

Post by JpsCrazy »

For the Enigma Launchers, and many other Enigma skins, you can middle click on your sidebar and Enigma Configure will open up which will let you edit the App name, location, and description.
Advent

Post by Advent »

EDIT

nevermind, manually setting it seems to have worked but it took awhile for it to actually start working...im not sure what was goin on, almost like it had a propagation delay? is that normal?
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

After you manually edit the skin, you must refresh it for it to take action.
As soon as you save the editted .ini and refresh the skin it should update.

(To refresh, right click on a skin and go to Skin Menu --> Refresh. To Refresh All, right click on the Rainmeter Icon in the task bar [near the time] and click Refresh All.)
Advent

Post by Advent »

Thanks for your help, that makes alot of sense and should of realized that.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

No problem!
And don't worry, everyone started out somewhere like you in one way or another.
Advent

Post by Advent »

deciding to use this as a place to ask more questions, hopefully someone sees them and helps me out.

right now im trying to get my weather to work right, my yahoo code is 2483343 but i cant seem to get rainmeter to show me anything but london and tehran. i pulled up the configuration editor and put the code in there and also tried to do it manually then refresh, same problem. any ideas?

I am also trying to get my google calendar to work, i have a private address that i put in the uservariables.inc and i still see nothing but " - am" 3 times, as if its not getting the information for my calendar. against, any ideas?
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

For the Yahoo Weather, make sure you're doing the RSS feed code.

For example, when I type in my city to weather.yahoo.com, I get this for my url:
http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/new-york/rochester-12763336/
This is pretty much useless. Click the RSS button to the top-right-ish, and you should see something like this as your url now:
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=[b]USNY1646&u=f[/b]
That would be your code. Most of the time, Rainmeter uses an RSS or Atom feed for codes like this.

If that doesn't work, some weather sites updated their feed urls since many skins have been released, and need a little tweaking. To be sure, just copy your whole url and replace the old one manually.

As for the Google Calendar, I have no idea.
If there's an RSS Feed for it, try that.
If not, search the forum (There IS a search enginge for it) or start a new post.