It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:51 am

SysInfoData=0 issue

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
nikko

SysInfoData=0 issue

Post by nikko »

Hello. Can anyone tell me why do I get this log notofication after updated to the latest Rainmeter v.?

SysInfo: SysInfoData=0 is not valid for SysInfoType=ADAPTER_TYPE, using "Best" interface.

Code: Select all

[AdapteurType]
Measure=SysInfo
SysInfoType=ADAPTER_TYPE
SysInfoData=0
I did not get this log info before Rain update. And now the log repeats every update cycle and it is full of the log! How to fix this?
Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: SysInfoDate=0 issue

Post by jsmorley »

nikko wrote: September 15th, 2021, 10:30 pm Hello. Can anyone tell me why do I get this log notofication after updated to the latest Rainmeter v.?

SysInfo: SysInfoData=0 is not valid for SysInfoType=ADAPTER_TYPE, using "Best" interface.

Code: Select all

[AdapteurType]
Measure=SysInfo
SysInfoType=ADAPTER_TYPE
SysInfoData=0
I did not get this log info before Rain update. And now the log repeats every update cycle and it is full of the log! How to fix this?
Thanks
The "index" numbers are obtained a bit differently in 4.5.2 than they were in earlier versions.

I strongly recommend that you set SysInfoData=Best on all SysInfo measures accessing network stuff. If you set DynamicVariables=1 on the measures, the meaning of "Best" will automatically change when you switch between ethernet and wifi.

If you really want to use the index numbers, you can get the current correct ones by opening Powershell, and pasting in:

Get-NetAdapter -Name * -IncludeHidden | format-list -property "Name", "InterfaceDescription", "InterfaceIndex"

However, I warn that those numbers can be changed by Windows at any time.