It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:18 pm

[solved] Custom Context Menu Questions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

[solved] Custom Context Menu Questions

Post by CodeCode »

Hiya.
So with custom context menus, the basic form I have been using is through a unified variables.inc. From there every skin gets the custom context ability.
I have tried to make local context menus, but so far I haven't seen or managed a way for that to happen.

My First idea, going past that, is for a local inc just for that skin and building the contact from there. But I haven't tried that just yet, as I was wondering if such functionality could be done with the unified inc context, because there are or is rather a whole of suite changeability that I would like to preserve.

Maybe I missed the part in the manual for this concept of context versatility, that is for each skin to essentially have additional context selections aside from the unified inc variety.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by CodeCode on September 2nd, 2021, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeCode

Re: Custom Context Menu Questions

Post by CodeCode »

Ok, I found Manual Entry

The form I am using is this:
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Rainmeter ContextTitle2 "Open Weather Settings"][!SetOption Rainmeter ContextAction2 """["Weather Wizard.inc"]"""]
and this :
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Rainmeter ContextTitle2 "Open Weather Settings"][!SetOption Rainmeter ContextAction2 """Weather Wizard.inc"""]
Both show the ContextTitle, but the inc file is not opening. I
also tried """"Weather Wizard.inc"""", also only the title and not the action.

I also found that there is no need to have ..Titlen or ..Actionn, to follow in suit with the pre-existing Context items in the main inc.
Last edited by CodeCode on September 2nd, 2021, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

CodeCode wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 7:52 am I also found that there is no need to have ..Titlen or ..Actionn, to follow in suit with the pre-existing Context items in the main inc.
This isn't correct, the 2,3,n value is intrinsically necessary.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 7:52 am
It's not ["WeatherWizard.inc"].

It's ["path\to\WeatherWizard.inc"].

Ultimately the bang becomes, [!SetOption Rainmeter ContextAction2 """["#@#WeatherWizard.inc"]"""]
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 8:40 am It's not ["WeatherWizard.inc"].

It's ["path\to\WeatherWizard.inc"].

Ultimately the bang becomes, [!SetOption Rainmeter ContextAction2 """["#@#WeatherWizard.inc"]"""]
What if the inc was in the same folder as the config ini? I tried this:
[!SetOption Rainmeter ContextAction2 """["#CURRENTPATH#Weather Wizard.inc"]"""]
aaaand it worked! thanks once again dc!