It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:49 am

Separating different instances of <div> with the same code?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Separating different instances of <div> with the same code?

Post by CodeCode »

jsmorley wrote: August 21st, 2021, 11:58 pm Try restarting Rainmeter.
I have found with web parsing that restarting rainmeter usually helps. But in some instances, restarting the computer is what needed to happen, although less often than simply restarting rainmeter.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 1:54 am I have found with web parsing that restarting rainmeter usually helps. But in some instances, restarting the computer is what needed to happen, although less often than simply restarting rainmeter.
Possibly. I don't recall experiencing such a case though - for me, restarting Rainmeter was enough just about every time. That being said, sometimes WebParser can be a nasty beast, if you overwhelm it. I'm just not sure if that is indeed the problem here, since the issue should have been gone by now, if that was the problem... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 2:15 am Possibly. I don't recall experiencing such a case though - for me, restarting Rainmeter was enough just about every time. That being said, sometimes WebParser can be a nasty beast, if you overwhelm it. I'm just not sure if that is indeed the problem here, since the issue should have been gone by now, if that was the problem... :confused:
Well, I am speaking about weather skins not functioning persistently, to the assumption that the parse has been changed (again). After restarting windows in really only like two or three instances did I see thing go back to normal after a full restart. I think that on the second or third time I was kinda savvy about web parsing giving me grief. It could have been that I was editing rainmeter for a long period then saw the issue, or perhaps just had a skin that wouldn't update.
Anyway, never fully deny the 'did you turn it off and back on' paradigm in computing and electronics in general.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 7:25 am Well, I am speaking about weather skins not functioning persistently, to the assumption that the parse has been changed (again). After restarting windows in really only like two or three instances did I see thing go back to normal after a full restart. I think that on the second or third time I was kinda savvy about web parsing giving me grief. It could have been that I was editing rainmeter for a long period then saw the issue, or perhaps just had a skin that wouldn't update.
Anyway, never fully deny the 'did you turn it off and back on' paradigm in computing and electronics in general.
Of course. Well, in any case, I think it goes without saying that if you know the code is good and restarting Rainmeter doesn't do the job, restarting the computer is the next logical step.

As for the case at hand here, I've seen such things happening before, so as a last resort maybe some [!Delay ...] bangs at the start of the FinishAction options could improve things. While running WebParser after WebParser works without issues in a data retrieval scenario, doing so in an image downloading / multiple operation scenario can be trickier. Even so, with the exception of a couple of times when WebParser choked for me as well, all the code variants above worked for me without any problems. :confused:
severedmars

Post by severedmars »

I updated to the latest version of rainmeter, as well as putting in your new code, and it seems to work. I am going to try adding more items and I will report back when I'm done! Thanks again!

other question: is there a way for me to make the entire thing proportionally smaller on my screen? it takes up a lot of space. if not, I can probably make a button that activates it or something like that.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

severedmars wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 6:26 pmI updated to the latest version of rainmeter, as well as putting in your new code, and it seems to work. I am going to try adding more items and I will report back when I'm done! Thanks again!
Excellent! Just out of curiosity, which "new code" works for you, out of the many variants I suggested? You know, to have an idea about where (and if) there was a culprit. Anyway, chances are that if one code variant works, the rest of them will probably work as well, but you'd better stay with what works for you now.
severedmars wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 6:26 pmother question: is there a way for me to make the entire thing proportionally smaller on my screen? it takes up a lot of space. if not, I can probably make a button that activates it or something like that.
Yes. Just add some W=... and H=... options to each ItemDImage meter, decrease the FontSize=... values in the ItemName meters, that kind of things. Of course, you can also reposition things accordingly, by playing with the X=... and Y=... values of your meters.

Reference, for strings, because I assume you'll want to "beautify" and tweak them further: String Meters.
severedmars

Post by severedmars »

It was the first suggestion, but I am running into some problems now. I have a long list, hopefully you can help with a few?

The .com files generate still and sometimes take priority over the images in the measure, which leads to them not being displayed. they also don't get deleted in Rainmeter-cache folder when I restart rainmeter, unlike the images(assuming they are downloaded correctly), which do get deleted. it also creates a new one for every item, meaning that each time I refresh it adds 3 more on top of the ones already there.

I watched it until the daily refresh, and then nothing happened. I even waited the 10 minutes that the UpdateRate gives it before refreshing, still nothing.

sometimes the image downloads come out 0 bytes, sometimes they don't. it's about a 50/50 split, which seems awfully high considering I have pretty solid wifi.

refreshing the skin removes the images and text.

I followed the code and everything you did but for all 6 items rather than just 3. It semi-works rarely (I tested many times, only three times the item names have shown up and one of those times only 2 out of 6 images showed.) This is probably a user error, but I don't see where I could have done anything wrong.

I have a feeling that they are all caused by the same issue, most likely having to do with the weird .com things. really sorry for dragging this on. I am going to disable the skin for now, until I have another thing to try.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

severedmars wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 8:59 pm It was the first suggestion, but I am running into some problems now. I have a long list, hopefully you can help with a few?

The .com files generate still and sometimes take priority over the images in the measure, which leads to them not being displayed. they also don't get deleted in Rainmeter-cache folder when I restart rainmeter, unlike the images(assuming they are downloaded correctly), which do get deleted. it also creates a new one for every item, meaning that each time I refresh it adds 3 more on top of the ones already there.

I watched it until the daily refresh, and then nothing happened. I even waited the 10 minutes that the UpdateRate gives it before refreshing, still nothing.

sometimes the image downloads come out 0 bytes, sometimes they don't. it's about a 50/50 split, which seems awfully high considering I have pretty solid wifi.

refreshing the skin removes the images and text.

I followed the code and everything you did but for all 6 items rather than just 3. It semi-works rarely (I tested many times, only three times the item names have shown up and one of those times only 2 out of 6 images showed.) This is probably a user error, but I don't see where I could have done anything wrong.

I have a feeling that they are all caused by the same issue, most likely having to do with the weird .com things. really sorry for dragging this on. I am going to disable the skin for now, until I have another thing to try.
If you're referring to this variant and you saw it didn't work 100% of the time, you should have tried the other variants I posted as well. Anyway, let me know the result after trying this (largely the same, but you can adjust the delay between operations and the update rate of the main WebParser measure from [Variables], among other visually related things) - hopefully it will behave better:
RocketLeague_1.0.0.rmskin
RocketLeague.jpg
I refreshed, updated, installed, restarted Rainmeter and run it again multiple times and it didn't fail for me. You can update stuff by left clicking the skin, and you also have a log message notifying you of that. The update rate is set at 1 minute, so you can see how it updates in the log, but if it works, you can set it back to a larger interval, just to be on the safe side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
severedmars

Post by severedmars »

This works flawlessly as far as I can tell. thank you so much! now I cant wait for tomorrow when it refreshes :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

severedmars wrote: August 22nd, 2021, 11:47 pm This works flawlessly as far as I can tell. thank you so much! now I cant wait for tomorrow when it refreshes :D
Fingers crossed... :sly: