It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:03 am

Astro Weather Time Change

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nobody

Astro Weather Time Change

Post by Nobody »

HI ALL, im here with a new question
i wanted to modify the skin created by "mpurses" it's the astro weather mod
i wish to know whether if its possible to change the time on this astro weather mod
from what i understood it follows the same time as the one on my computer taskbar
is there a way to change it
cause i want 2 different time zones on my desktop
(btw i dunno if what i asked is plausible enough, pls excuse me im just a boomer at rainmeter stuff currently)

Also some of you asked me regarding the skin.....
this astro weather mod stuff was in suite skin called "sounder"
as for the .rmskin file im unable to upload it because of file size restrictions, but i'll share the link of the website from were i downloaded it..
https://www.deviantart.com/michaelpurses/art/Sonder-Rainmeter-skin-838147223
the skin im currently using is the one under weather "time+".....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nobody on August 19th, 2021, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodeCode

Re: Astro Weather Time Change

Post by CodeCode »

Please put a link to the Skin. That way it can be looked at for suggestions. Or attach the rmskin you want to use.

It seems you got it to show a second version, but the base code is needed to see how to change the timezone properly.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Nobody wrote: August 19th, 2021, 11:42 am HI ALL, im here with a new question
i wanted to modify the skin created by "mpurses" it's the astro weather mod
i wish to know whether if its possible to change the time on this astro weather mod
from what i understood it follows the same time as the one on my computer taskbar
is there a way to change it
cause i want 2 different time zones on my desktop
(btw i dunno if what i asked is plausible enough, pls excuse me im just a boomer at rainmeter stuff currently)
CodeCode is right, it would be best to post a link to the skin where you got it. Until then, we can only tell you to edit the skin and find the Time measure that is returning the time, and add TimeZone=<timezone bias>. So for US Eastern Time, you'd add TimeZone=-5. You might want to check the manual also, because Daylight Saving Time rules will be applied for your location, not the other one, so you might need to take additional steps if you want to make it work perfectly at all times (if the other location uses different rules).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

CodeCode wrote: August 19th, 2021, 11:59 am Please put a link to the Skin. That way it can be looked at for suggestions. Or attach the rmskin you want to use.

It seems you got it to show a second version, but the base code is needed to see how to change the timezone properly.
Yes I got it to show a second version..... I wanted to duplicate the skin and searched the net to try and find a way to do the same but i couldn't find any.. So i copied the original sounder file and moved it to a different folder from the its original location.. then i renamed it to sounder 2 and pasted it back i the original location
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

SilverAzide wrote: August 19th, 2021, 12:29 pm CodeCode is right, it would be best to post a link to the skin where you got it. Until then, we can only tell you to edit the skin and find the Time measure that is returning the time, and add TimeZone=<timezone bias>. So for US Eastern Time, you'd add TimeZone=-5. You might want to check the manual also, because Daylight Saving Time rules will be applied for your location, not the other one, so you might need to take additional steps if you want to make it work perfectly at all times (if the other location uses different rules).
i wasn't able to attach the .rmskin file so i left a link from where i downloaded it.. is it okay now
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Nobody wrote: August 19th, 2021, 1:52 pm i wasn't able to attach the .rmskin file so i left a link from where i downloaded it.. is it okay now
Yes, posting the link is much better than attaching the skin.

That suite is re-packaging xxenium's AstroWeather skin. Unless he's modified it, you probably need to fix 4 Time measures. Right-click the skin you want to change, and select "Edit skin". Near the top of the file, you will see block of code with the comment "MEASURES TIME", where all the Time measures are located. You will need to add a TimeZone option to four measures, like so. For this example, I am using the US Eastern timezone, which is -5. Use the number that applies to your desired location.

Code: Select all

[AmPm]
Measure=#Ms#
Format=#Fm#
TimeZone=-5

[Date]
Measure=Time
Format=%a, #DateFormat#
FormatLocale=#Language#
Substitute=".":""
TimeZone=-5

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
TimeZone=-5

[Hour]
Measure=Time
Format=#HourFormat#
TimeZone=-5
Save the changes and refresh, and you should be good. Depending on your location, you might run into daylight saving time issues, but you can tackle that later once you are happy with this tweak.

If you want something more efficient, you can also create a variable and use that instead of hard-coding the numbers in different places. Better yet, if you are interested in getting a lot more technical, since this is a weather skin, xxenium's code is already fetching enough data from the weather.com website for you to be able to automatically calculate the timezone bias for the location you are using. That way you do not have to hardcode any value, your skin would be able to know the proper value automatically.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

SilverAzide wrote: August 19th, 2021, 3:10 pm Save the changes and refresh, and you should be good. Depending on your location, you might run into daylight saving time issues, but you can tackle later that once you are happy with this tweak.

If you want something more efficient, you can also create a variable and use that instead of hard-coding the numbers in different places. Better yet, if you are interested in getting a lot more technical, since this is a weather skin, xxenium's code is already fetching enough data from the weather.com website for you to be able to automatically calculate the timezone bias for the location you are using. That way you do not have to hardcode any value, your skin would be able to know the proper value automatically.
I was thinking the same thing. With the duplicated folder, it 'should' be possible to simply use the location code for the other location. The main part of the skin suite doing all of the work for you.

If the duplicated part does not have that variable, then perhaps try copying the entire suite, needing only to rename the topmost parent folder. Then, use the location data rather than manipulating the individual ini files.

Good luck deciding which way to go. :thumbup: Should be fun...
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

thank you all for the help appreciate it
it worked for me........
:thumbup: :great:
btw... if ur ok with pls share on how to tackle the daylight time saving issue.... cause the moon supposed to be 2hrs ahead but stays the same
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

also suppose i say that i want my time zone to be 6hrs 30 min UTC im supposed to be addin the time zone as 6.5 rite
well it doesn't work rather it shows the time of 6hrs whereas i wanted 6hrs and 30 minutes (too much comfort to ask.... i know)
pls suggest the remedy for the pronlem
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Well the timestamp is based on utc time so if you are +6 but the timezone you are wanting to see is different by 90 minutes in the future make it be +4.5

I might be wrong in saying the timestamp understands decimal values, but I am fairly sure it does.