CodeCode wrote: August 10th, 2021, 11:47 pm With an update=24. :vomit:

And so the story begins, the end.
I use Update=25... :p
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Re: WAN & LAN and SysInfoType/s

Post by CodeCode »

Seriously though.

This net skin has so many features, awesome just ain't high enough praise.

Every idea I came up with,Yincognito, was made possible - things that seemed a stretch, yet worked out to be fluid additions to the skin.

I added some of my own tweaks, and bugs were being squashed methodically as each new feature gelled, the bugs just stopped.

So this is going to be added to the updated version/s of the Suite, and Mini Suite this skin was a part of. Co-op authoring will be credited in full.

I am marking this thread as [solved]. Which comes with its own sensation of accomplishment.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: WAN & LAN and SysInfoType/s

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: August 11th, 2021, 1:26 am Seriously though.

This net skin has so many features, awesome just ain't high enough praise.

Every idea I came up with,Yincognito, was made possible - things that seemed a stretch, yet worked out to be fluid additions to the skin.

I added some of my own tweaks, and bugs were being squashed methodically as each new feature gelled, the bugs just stopped.

So this is going to be added to the updated version/s of the Suite, and Mini Suite this skin was a part of. Co-op authoring will be credited in full.

I am marking this thread as [solved]. Which comes with its own sensation of accomplishment.
Excellent! :great: No need to co-op me, you can simply credit me if you really want to. I did what I did to help you, not necessarily to have my name there - any approach you might take on this (including not mentioning me at all) is fine with me, relax. ;-)
CodeCode

Re: WAN & LAN and SysInfoType/s [SOLVED]

Post by CodeCode »

I have been going through and debugging things. The NetIn skin works flawlessly - well in the single error:
Calc: "Best" is unknown (Round Mini Suite\Net In Wizard\Net In Wizard.ini - [MeasureNICID])

Except if I change the default - which doesn't change now. But then the skin incorrectly reports if on a VPN or Not = it always says "standard".

I could pack the skin. Or if you have enough to test that on? Or it is on my devart gallery.

It is strange, I even tried to change the DefaultNICID to -1 but the skin reports incorrectly then still.

Any help is appreciated.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok. I know what's going on. In the small skin. The skin that shows the error. Not that actual one Yincognito helped me with - so sorry for any confusion.

The 'big' skin - with all the features - is absolutely writing the DefaultNICID variable - since it changes with use selection to the correct one.

The 'little' skin - the one with the error - is not writing that variable since the user is not selecting the adapter to display.

I am still not sure what can be done, but now at least that can be clarified!

The skin is the "NetIn WIzard" - not the "MegaNet" skin. I have not even uploaded that one yet... :oops:

I will look through, to see what I can.

But if the solution is clearer to anyone else, please chime in.
Thanks.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Ok. Sorry. This is so typical of me. The forum is indeed my commitment so continue trying to solve my own problems.

So - I did - think...

this line, that Yincognito even corrected me on:
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable NICID [MeasureNICID]][!WriteKeyValue Variables NICID [MeasureNICID]]

Was not corrected in my small skin to this:
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable NICID [MeasureNICID]][!WriteKeyValue Variables "NICIDDefault" "[#NICID]"]

So - problem seems solved, as there is no longer the error in the log. :thumbup:

Onward to Victory! :lol:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: August 15th, 2021, 11:25 am Ok. Sorry. This is so typical of me. The forum is indeed my commitment so continue trying to solve my own problems.

So - I did - think...

this line, that Yincognito even corrected me on:
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable NICID [MeasureNICID]][!WriteKeyValue Variables NICID [MeasureNICID]]

Was not corrected in my small skin to this:
OnUpdateAction=[!SetVariable NICID [MeasureNICID]][!WriteKeyValue Variables "NICIDDefault" "[#NICID]"]

So - problem seems solved, as there is no longer the error in the log. :thumbup:

Onward to Victory! :lol:
Sorry, I've been taking a little break from the forum, had a toothache that made me break everything in my path and was in no mood for coding (now it's better, hopefully it will last), but I'm glad you fixed the issue yourself - well done! :thumbup: One small thing though: the initial "Mega" skin worked fine as far as I know, so "converting" other skins to that approach is mainly your job, assuming you understood what happens in the initial skin - that's why I always say that if one doesn't understand something, he should ask. Understanding how something works is key to handle it further. ;-)
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: August 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm Sorry, I've been taking a little break from the forum, had a toothache that made me break everything in my path and was in no mood for coding (now it's better, hopefully it will last), but I'm glad you fixed the issue yourself - well done! :thumbup: One small thing though: the initial "Mega" skin worked fine as far as I know, so "converting" other skins to that approach is mainly your job, assuming you understood what happens in the initial skin - that's why I always say that if one doesn't understand something, he should ask. Understanding how something works is key to handle it further. ;-)
I understand practically all of what was gone over - except for the regexp's. That stuff is so much on the micromanagement side, I haven't really broken it down, in general. Oh, some of it I get, but a lot of it I don't.

Just the same. I am much more confident in scripting, I have been seriously been thinking about re-learning C++, or C# - not sure which takes precedence, but there are a couple games I used to mod that use script based on those 2 mainly, so going back into that might bring around more forum haunting for me. :lol: That game still has a modding community, so - hmm, yep. Maybe.