It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:21 am

World Clock help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fisheyejack

World Clock help

Post by fisheyejack »

hi, I've been using rainmeter for a while and I know a bit about editting the skins but not enough to solve this problem apparently lol
I have an enigma\sidebar\world skin set to Ottawa Canada, with the yahoo weather code and such. it works and all but it displays the wrong time. it's one time zone over or something. like right now it's 8:00 and it says 9:00. correct date, minute, etc.
how do I fix?
thanks
dragonmage
Developer

Re: World Clock help

Post by dragonmage »

ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

I had the same issue, the problem is Rainmeter thinks daylight savings time is in effect.

The simple fix is to edit the World.ini file; Measures->[MeasureTimeZone]->Substitute just change the value corresponding to the timezone it thinks you are in (in your case, EDT) by subtracting one from the current value.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

If you are using it for your local area, it is best to just have the meter that displays the time use a regular old time measure.
akamikey

Post by akamikey »

ChrisG wrote:I had the same issue, the problem is Rainmeter thinks daylight savings time is in effect.

The simple fix is to edit the World.ini file; Measures->[MeasureTimeZone]->Substitute just change the value corresponding to the timezone it thinks you are in (in your case, EDT) by subtracting one from the current value.
This don't work now all the clocks are just the same.