It is currently April 26th, 2024, 10:47 am

I'm having an !UpdateMeter Bang issue ....

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I'm having an !UpdateMeter Bang issue ....

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 8:30 pm You're correct. But both ways work.
Yes, but only because as said, the not-needed parameters are ignored:
balala wrote: July 30th, 2021, 7:00 pm However the bang does work, only because Rainmeter ignores any additional parameter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 8:30 pmAlso, that key combo CTRL+Q works without the Rainlexer software.
Hmm... to be honest, I always had RainLexer since working with Rainmeter from Notepad++, so I can't say how it's without it - you may be right on this. I guess that even in the absence of a plugin to tell Notepad++ that the code is of a "Rainmeter skin file", the application still uses the comment mark of a "classic" Windows .INI file. If that is true, the CTRL + Q shouldn't (properly) work in the case of .INC files, unless Notepad++ is aware of the format from other "languages" in its library. Can you confirm?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Yincognito wrote: July 30th, 2021, 10:06 pm Hmm... to be honest, I always had RainLexer since working with Rainmeter from Notepad++, so I can't say how it's without it - you may be right on this. I guess that even in the absence of a plugin to tell Notepad++ that the code is of a "Rainmeter skin file", the application still uses the comment mark of a "classic" Windows .INI file. If that is true, the CTRL + Q shouldn't (properly) work in the case of .INC files, unless Notepad++ is aware of the format from other "languages" in its library. Can you confirm?
I'm unable to confirm if Notepad++ is aware of the format from other "languages" in its library.
I'll get back to ya about that if I don't forget.
Someone said, "Your thinking too much, so I thought more."
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 30th, 2021, 10:41 pm I'm unable to confirm if Notepad++ is aware of the format from other "languages" in its library.
I'll get back to ya about that if I don't forget.
Ok, thanks.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

Yincognito wrote: July 31st, 2021, 12:20 am Ok, thanks.
The only thing I can tell ya is, NP++ only has .ini file in its language library (Style Conifgurator) ....
I really don't know much about NP++ other than I know it's used by Devs for many types of programming languages, Just the basics, and I know I use it for Rainmeter docs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yeah, I don't know what Notepad++ sees .inc files as by default. The only language that contains .inc by default is Pascal, so maybe that...

If you install RainLexer, then both .ini and .inc are seen as the language type "Rainmeter".

1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2021, 11:49 am Yeah, I don't know what Notepad++ sees .inc files as by default. The only language that contains .inc by default is Pascal, so maybe that...

If you install RainLexer, then both .ini and .inc are seen as the language type "Rainmeter".

That's cool, maybe I'll give it another try, TY :)

1.jpg
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: July 31st, 2021, 11:25 am The only thing I can tell ya is, NP++ only has .ini file in its language library (Style Conifgurator) ....
I really don't know much about NP++ other than I know it's used by Devs for many types of programming languages, Just the basics, and I know I use it for Rainmeter docs.
Thanks again for confirming my suspicion - much appreciated. ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: July 31st, 2021, 11:49 amYeah, I don't know what Notepad++ sees .inc files as by default. The only language that contains .inc by default is Pascal, so maybe that...
Even then, the comment mark would be different than that of a Rainmeter INI formatted file, so to take advantage of the CTRL + Q hotkey for commenting lines in Rainmeter's .INC-s (and, of course, other advantages as well), I reckon you'd have to have RainLexer installed...

Whether or not one installs it is probably proportional with the time he spends coding things in Rainmeter, because otherwise the combo is clearly superior to plain Notepad.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

NP++ default .inc file with Blackboard theme enabled are handled like this:
But maybe you knew that. :)

I configured .ini with Blackboard enabled like this:

I tried Rainlexer twice and was unable to get it configured the way I liked, it kept reverting back to its default. I'll stick with mine, thanks for the advice though it was worthy of consideration. :)

.ini first then .inc