It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:26 pm

My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 25th, 2021, 2:40 am ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
If by any change you chose the solution in the EDIT part, setting the text width should be done not to bare 200 (or whatever the max width would be), but to (200*#Scale#), since the skin is resizable. Somehow forgot to mention that part, even though I considered it for the other stuff earlier.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 25th, 2021, 10:04 am If by any change you chose the solution in the EDIT part, setting the text width should be done not to bare 200 (or whatever the max width would be), but to (200*#Scale#), since the skin is resizable. Somehow forgot to mention that part, even though I considered it for the other stuff earlier.
ok - thx
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

New observation question - I notice that when I change the text color Rainmeter refreshes ALL of the skins on the desktop! Someone here said refresh all is a 'destructive' function. I am scared :o , it should only refresh the one skin, yes?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 20th, 2021, 4:59 pm New observation question - I notice that when I change the text color Rainmeter refreshes ALL of the skins on the desktop! Someone here said refresh all is a 'destructive' function. I am scared :o , it should only refresh the one skin, yes?
If you are seeing all skins refresh, then you might want to check your code, only the skins you want to refresh should be refreshed. It's not really "destructive", per se... what he means is that the skin is completely re-read and re-loaded from scratch (so whatever your skin was doing is thrown out and everything starts over). Refreshing all of Rainmeter is overkill just to tweak a single color in a single skin or set of skins.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 20th, 2021, 5:44 pm... you might want to check your code, only the skins you want to refresh should be refreshed.
yes, seems logical to me too. What am I looking for to check?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

MourningStar wrote: September 20th, 2021, 6:25 pm yes, seems logical to me too. What am I looking for to check?
[!RefreshApp] or [!Refresh *]

Tho I am not sure about the second one.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: September 20th, 2021, 6:59 pm [!RefreshApp] or [!Refresh *]

Tho I am not sure about the second one.
* in this case means all (loaded / activated) skins. Accordingly [!Refresh *] refreshes all activated skins, so they practically do the same thing. However additionally note a difference between these two forms: with !RefreshApp the skins folder is rescanned, while with !Refresh * it is not. Not too important in this case, I think.
MourningStar wrote: September 20th, 2021, 6:25 pm yes, seems logical to me too. What am I looking for to check?
You probably will want to look for !RefreshApp or !Refresh * bangs in all your activated skins and replace them with !Refresh.
Just note here that I suggest you to look for the bangs without the brackets, because if the bang is used so, looking for them with brackets won't return the desired result.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:13 pm * in this case means all (loaded / activated) skins. Accordingly [!Refresh *] refreshes all activated skins, so they practically do the same thing. However additionally note a difference between these two forms: with !RefreshApp the skins folder is rescanned, while with !Refresh * it is not. Not too important in this case, I think.
Thank you for confirming balala. The * doesn't work in some bangs so I wasn't sure about !Refresh.
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: September 20th, 2021, 7:42 pm The * doesn't work in some bangs so I wasn't sure about !Refresh.
Yep, it probably indeed doesn't in all of them, even if I'm not sure which one did you talk about.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: September 20th, 2021, 8:17 pm Yep, it probably indeed doesn't in all of them, even if I'm not sure which one did you talk about.
An example would be !DisableMeasure
from the Realm of Death