My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by death.crafter »

Did someone mention me
LooksAroundGIF.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:04 pm Did someone mention me
LooksAroundGIF.gif
I was thinking the same thing - was reading stuff again to make sure I got it right. :lol: You can relax, everyone lives happily everafter, at least on the threads I subscribed on - you can even take a vacation from your job for a while... :D
Does your master use PS / Lua scripts as well? Cause if it does, I now know why I avoid them - everything in me screams "Stay alive!! Stay alive!!"... :rolmfao:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:15 pm
Does your master use PS / Lua scripts as well? Cause if it does, I now know why I avoid them - everything in me screams "Stay alive!! Stay alive!!"... :rolmfao:
If HE does.

Yes. Sometimes he gets tired of selecting people in the old way and tasks me with writing a script to eliminate individuals.
The pandemic wasn't me
ISwearGIF.gif
P.S. It was meant as a joke. No hard feelings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 18th, 2021, 6:58 pmYes. Sometimes he gets tired of selecting people in the old way and tasks me with writing a script to eliminate individuals.
Too bad both methods are buggy, since bad people seem to have 7 lives... :Whistle
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:22 pm Too bad both methods are buggy, since bad people seem to have 7 lives... :Whistle
Name them... I will throw in a loop ;-)
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: August 18th, 2021, 7:34 pm Name them... I will throw in a loop ;-)
Well, that's the problem: I think they're already in a loop ... but an endless one that crashes your scripts and senor D's poor CPU... :lol:
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

How to modify code so this cutoff is not?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:49 pm How to modify code so this cutoff is not?
Without seeing your code, it is hard to tell why the left edge is getting cut off. It could be your image is placed too far to the left. One simple quick fix you can try is to add DynamicWindowSize=1 to the [Rainmeter] section of the skin. if it works, then it could be a placement issue.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:49 pm How to modify code so this cutoff is not?
If your code (and positioning) is still similar to the CenterTop - LeftBottom coordinates here, then this happens because the width of the text (the half of which is used to set the position of the image) is less than the width of the image (which is subtracted from half the width of the text in the coordinate formula), which has the effect of placing the image at a negative X coordinate. You wanted the image right above the "/" mark of a variable width text, so now you get to see the side effects (which I warned you of).

The solution could be:
- scale down the image dimensions (either by editing the image or changing the related meter's W and H)
- shift the text to the right by changing its X, along with shifting the image to the right by correspondingly / proportionally changing its X
- scale the font size up to increase the text's W so the difference above is positive
- shift only the one of the text / image to the right, though this will make stuff a bit asymmetrical
- change the way the text and image are relatively positioned to each other

The choice is yours...

P.S. The main point is that the skin is made up of variable width meters. There isn't a fixed point that one can use as a reference.

EDIT: The solution I would go for, which makes setting a fixed reference point certain, is to find out the maximum width the text / image / skin can have by trying out all the fonts you scroll through and all the images that you'd use, then set the image and the text to be the horizontally centered around half that value (you'd probably need to adjust the values you multiply the #Scale# with, if you want to fine tune it). So, say the max width the skin can have is 200; half that value is 100, so the horizontal position of the image would be X=(100*#Scale#-[FontChooser:W]/2) while the horizontal position of the text would be X=(100*#Scale#-[Temperature:W]/2) if you want to keep the StringAlign=Left, or simply X=(100*#Scale#) if you change to StringAlign=Center. Only 100 is multiplied by #Scale# in the formulas because the image and text widths are already multiple of #Scale# through the image's W and text's FontSize. You'd get some empty spaces to the left and right of the image and text for smaller widths, but at least the elements will be positionally stable, especially if you set the text's W to that 200 (or whatver the value is) maximum value, so that the skin's width is stable at 200 as well.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: August 25th, 2021, 12:48 am If your code (and positioning) is still similar ... The solution I would go for, ..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage