It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:14 am

Power Plugin causes rainmeter to crash.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
negimox

Power Plugin causes rainmeter to crash.

Post by negimox »

Not sure why this happens but power plugin causes rainmeter to crash on my pc.
Here is a video for reference:
https://vimeo.com/573610526
this is the skin:
https://www.deviantart.com/cariboudjan/art/droptop-four-762812007
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Power Plugin causes rainmeter to crash.

Post by balala »

negimox wrote: July 11th, 2021, 4:33 pm Not sure why this happens but power plugin causes rainmeter to crash on my pc.
this is the skin:
The usual reply in such situations: give us a few information about the issue. For instance you've posted a link of the incriminated skins, but the linked package contains a lot of skins (there are 127!!! .ini files in it). So which skin causes the crash? And in which conditions? There is extremely hard to follow what's going on in the video. You're clicking, dragging and so on. It is close to impossible to tell what's going on there.
So please help us to can help you.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

negimox wrote: July 11th, 2021, 4:33 pm Not sure why this happens but power plugin causes rainmeter to crash on my pc.
this is the skin:
The Power Plugin isn't known to cause crashes, as far as I know. That being said, until Cariboudjan (the author of the skin suite) sees this and has a better idea, have you tried to comment out just the IfCondition and the Substitute? Other than that, when does this crash happen: when you hover the mouse over the battery, click it or...? I ask this because maybe it's a problem with the skin or meter that shows up when you perform such a mouse action over / on the battery.

Have you tried to contact the author, either here or on DeviantArt? He's the most "qualified" to debug the problem, since he knows the ins and outs of his design system. His suite is rather complex and finding out the culprit for the crash is harder if you're not the author.

EDIT: I let the author know about your problem for you and linked here, hopefully he will help with this as well. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

this is the skin:
Hmm. You seem to have changed some settings or something. Because with the default settings it works just fine for me.
from the Realm of Death
negimox

Post by negimox »

First of all sorry for not providing enough information, the skin crashes when I try to click on the battery icon and the issue solves when I comment out the MeasurePower and MeasureCharging which was using Power Plugin as shown in video, and I didn't change anything in the skin and also reinstalled rainmeter and droptop but the crash still persisted. The .ini file that I edited was located here Rainmeter\Skins\Droptop\Other\SystemTray\Battery\Battery.ini
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

negimox wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:55 am the skin crashes when I try to click on the battery icon
See this screenshot:
Battery.png
Which is the battery icon, because I can't realize? On the other hand wherever am I clicking in the skin, it doesn't crash, so I'm not entirely sure. So where are you clicking when Rainmeter crashes?
negimox wrote: July 12th, 2021, 7:55 am and also reinstalled rainmeter and droptop but the crash still persisted.
Completely useless. Almost never solves anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
negimox

Post by negimox »

Screenshot (64).png
This icon, really weird as to how it doesn't crash on @death.crafter and @balala, I think it might be crashing because I'm using it on pc and I have already said that it crashes when I click on the battery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 12th, 2021, 3:44 pmWhich is the battery icon, because I can't realize? On the other hand wherever am I clicking in the skin, it doesn't crash, so I'm not entirely sure. So where are you clicking when Rainmeter crashes?
It's the battery icon from the top bar skin (i.e. C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Droptop\DropdownBar\DropdownBar.ini).
negimox wrote: July 12th, 2021, 6:18 pmThis icon, really weird as to how it doesn't crash on @death.crafter and @balala, I think it might be crashing because I'm using it on pc and I have already said that it crashes when I click on the battery.
I'm also using it "on PC" (can you use it on anything else than a PC?!), and it doesn't crash for me either:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
That being said, Rainmeter did crash for me immediately after installing Droptop Four, just after the language selector window / skin appeared. It didn't crash anymore after that, including when clicking on the battery icon, as illustrated above.

By the way, your battery icon is green. Why? For me it's grey.
negimox

Post by negimox »

Sorry for my bad English I meant that u are using rainmeter on laptop, my battery icon is green cause I have the supporter version of the skin.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

negimox wrote: July 12th, 2021, 6:45 pm Sorry for my bad English I meant that u are using rainmeter on laptop, my battery icon is green cause I have the supporter version of the skin.
Oooh...well, none of us here has the supporter version (although the suite is well worth paying 5 bucks to the developer). Not sure if that's part of the problem, because it shouldn't be - as far as I understood the supporter version simply comes up with more visual styles, if I'm not mistaken, so it shouldn't affect functionality.

EDIT: Well, if you're using it on a PC and that PC doesn't have a battery (like the case for most if not all of them), then yeah, maybe it could be part of the problem - depending on what the author's scripts and such do in that case. As for the plugin itself though, I don't think it will crash on a system without a battery, but I have no way of testing that. Maybe the other guys here having a PC can confirm this... :confused:
Last edited by Yincognito on July 12th, 2021, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.