It is currently April 24th, 2024, 4:24 pm

Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Post by death.crafter »

Yincognito wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:22 am Since we're at it, one small question: do you know how I can find the artist and the track of some older, foreign language songs I have from way back? I have around 5 such songs recorded from radio decades ago and since most song identification services are in English, it's obvious I can't find out their names and artists.
Along with Google I also would recommend Apple's Shazam. Multiple search engines are better I believe :P
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 12:28 pm You can use mobile "Google" application. It has a song search feature. You have high chances finding what you need since Google's music database is quite huge, especially on YouTube. Just open the app from your phone, go to Song Search and play your music file from your computer. Also, it can recognize hummings as well. I was able to find this way some old songs I used to have on tapes which I lost when I was a kid.
I'll try it, thanks so much for the advice. :rosegift: It'll be interesting if Google will be able to recognize some of those songs since they are really obscure (and from the tape era aka the 90s, before Google, the internet gained traction), but I have the feeling one of those songs will be, as I remember seeing it on TV back then - too bad I didn't catch it from the beginning, to memorize the artist/track...
death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 12:52 pmAlong with Google I also would recommend Apple's Shazam. Multiple search engines are better I believe :P
Yes, they are, thanks to you too. I think I tried Shazam some time ago without any success, but I heard of it for sure. Here's a gift for you too. :rosegift: Hopefully I won't end up empty handed after trying both.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 12:28 pmYou can use mobile "Google" application. It has a song search feature.
You and Google are geniuses, LOL. I found everything I was looking for, and more. Now I'm really happy - these things got stuck in my head for so long. :great:
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Active Colors wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 12:28 pm You can use mobile "Google" application. It has a song search feature. You have high chances finding what you need since Google's music database is quite huge, especially on YouTube. Just open the app from your phone, go to Song Search and play your music file from your computer. Also, it can recognize hummings as well. I was able to find this way some old songs I used to have on tapes which I lost when I was a kid.
I am also curious about this (what thread topic?) But forgive my ineptitude, how exactly do I access the app on my phone? I need to hum and also perhaps say or mimic the lyrics to find some pre-waxtrax waxtrax (in the 80s it was ultra rare even then but these trax have eluded me since someone stole my cassette with some of those trax... in the 90s after waxtrax took on the more popular stuff.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 3:52 pm I am also curious about this (what thread topic?) But forgive my ineptitude, how exactly do I access the app on my phone? I need to hum and also perhaps say or mimic the lyrics to find some pre-waxtrax waxtrax (in the 80s it was ultra rare even then but these trax have eluded me since someone stole my cassette with some of those trax... in the 90s after waxtrax took on the more popular stuff.
Open www.google.com. Click the mic icon. Play a song or hum a song(if you think it's recognizable). That oughta do it.

Edit: It only works in chrome. Alt: If you have an Android device, fire up Google Assistant and say- "Search a song"
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 4:52 pm Open www.google.com. Click the mic icon. Play a song or hum a song(if you think it's recognizable). That oughta do it.

Edit: It only works in chrome. Alt: If you have an Android device, fire up Google Assistant and say- "Search a song"
Thanks. Simply too simple for my OCD. :oops:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 3:52 pmI am also curious about this...
When it comes to recognizing stuff, the method is quite good. I was extremely pleasantly surprised. If it was able to recognize a random Swedish band which released only 4 albums in the 80s-90s or a similar Spanish one, then it should have no problem with English / American tracks. One thing though: if it doesn't work the first time, TRY AGAIN! And with various parts of the song.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 3:52 pm I am also curious about this (what thread topic?) But forgive my ineptitude, how exactly do I access the app on my phone? I need to hum and also perhaps say or mimic the lyrics to find some pre-waxtrax waxtrax (in the 80s it was ultra rare even then but these trax have eluded me since someone stole my cassette with some of those trax... in the 90s after waxtrax took on the more popular stuff.
I think you might confuse the search if you mimic the lyrics. But I am not sure, just try it. As Yincognito said, try it multiple times with different parts of a track if you remember it. I had a luck only after 5th time.
UPD: tried to mimic the lyrics with random bam-boom-pa-ra-pa-pam and it worked.
Also, the phone app is simply called Google (not Google Chrome, not Google Assistant) which basically has only a search function. You open the app, in the search field there is a microphone button, press it, then there will appear a "Search Song" button, you press it and then you start singing to it or playing a track.
ingridd

Post by ingridd »

death.crafter wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:25 am
  • Right. Everytime spotify gets an update run spicetify apply.
  • If still doesn't work run spicetify upgrade.
  • If still doesn't work check if WebNowPlaying got updated from Github and grab the latest one.
Glad it worked out.

ThumbsUpJimCarreyGIF.gif
hello! i know this is from a while ago, but I came across a problem today. spotify got updated, so i ran spicetify apply but it said the version of spicetify and spotify were mismatched, so i ran spicetify backup apply, even tried spicetify upgrade and applied again. but nothing seemed to work, the State, Artist is still not updating.

it was working a day ago, any ideas why it stopped working? thank you so much
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

ingridd wrote: September 4th, 2021, 1:14 am hello! i know this is from a while ago, but I came across a problem today. spotify got updated, so i ran spicetify apply but it said the version of spicetify and spotify were mismatched, so i ran spicetify backup apply, even tried spicetify upgrade and applied again. but nothing seemed to work, the State, Artist is still not updating.

it was working a day ago, any ideas why it stopped working? thank you so much
Spotify is rapidly changing it's desktop client and hence breaking some functionality of spicetify-cli. So bear with it for the time being.
from the Realm of Death