It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:42 pm

Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Post by CodeCode »

All this Spotify/Spicetify talk has me intrigued.

My understanding is that your entire library is online, and that the indie list is huge, all basically for free. Is that correct?

I prefer having a local library, but still, I am always looking for new music. :Whistle
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 1:05 am All this Spotify/Spicetify talk has me intrigued.

My understanding is that your entire library is online, and that the indie list is huge, all basically for free. Is that correct?

I prefer having a local library, but still, I am always looking for new music. :Whistle
Yes. All for free but for an ad every 3 or 4 songs. Which will irritate you and you'll eventually get a premium which isn't that pricey. Considering the price you'd pay if you legally bought individual songs from iTunes or alike, it's a lot lot cheaper. May be lot lot lot. And we're talking about Spotify.

spicetify-cli is but an client enhancer made by khanhas, which gives you additional freemium features. And you'll need that if you want to use full features of Spotify in Rainmeter.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 5:03 am Yes. All for free but for an ad every 3 or 4 songs. Which will irritate you and you'll eventually get a premium which isn't that pricey. Considering the price you'd pay if you legally bought individual songs from iTunes or alike, it's a lot lot cheaper. May be lot lot lot. And we're talking about Spotify.

spicetify-cli is but an client enhancer made by khanhas, which gives you additional freemium features. And you'll need that if you want to use full features of Spotify in Rainmeter.
I am actually interested in using these on my mobile since travelling across the outback means no radio. My phone is essentially my mobile pc, but also has >25gig of music. So not totally sold on Spotify, but still mobile service is also limited when really far out and between. Buying premium seems sort of necessary, but if there was a Copyfy plugin, it might be perfect :]
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 8:13 am I am actually interested in using these on my mobile since travelling across the outback means no radio. My phone is essentially my mobile pc, but also has >25gig of music. So not totally sold on Spotify, but still mobile service is also limited when really far out and between. Buying premium seems sort of necessary, but if there was a Copyfy plugin, it might be perfect :]
25gigs of music... Hell that's a lot.

And a what plugin?
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 8:35 am 25gigs of music... Hell that's a lot.

And a what plugin?
A spotify plugin (that doesnt exist?) that can Copy the streaming music to local memory?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:33 am A spotify plugin (that doesnt exist?) that can Copy the streaming music to local memory?
Can't you record it from the sound card? If that's legal and all that stuff... :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

CodeCode wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:33 am A spotify plugin (that doesnt exist?) that can Copy the streaming music to local memory?
Umm... With premium you can download songs if that's what you mean.
from the Realm of Death
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:53 am Umm... With premium you can download songs if that's what you mean.
That is what I was inferring. So, yes, it is possible. Got it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

death.crafter wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:53 am Umm... With premium you can download songs if that's what you mean.
Since we're at it, one small question: do you know how I can find the artist and the track of some older, foreign language songs I have from way back? I have around 5 such songs recorded from radio decades ago and since most song identification services are in English, it's obvious I can't find out their names and artists.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 10:22 am Since we're at it, one small question: do you know how I can find the artist and the track of some older, foreign language songs I have from way back? I have around 5 such songs recorded from radio decades ago and since most song identification services are in English, it's obvious I can't find out their names and artists.
You can use mobile "Google" application. It has a song search feature. You have high chances finding what you need since Google's music database is quite huge, especially on YouTube. Just open the app from your phone, go to Song Search and play your music file from your computer. Also, it can recognize hummings as well. I was able to find this way some old songs I used to have on tapes which I lost when I was a kid.