It is currently April 25th, 2024, 2:51 pm

Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Some problems regarding NowPlaying ("state" and "play")

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: June 21st, 2021, 10:41 am Considering that they already have it mentioned, I proposed a change in the docs as to remove the play command as it's misleading.
No, it's not misleading at all. It's working perfectly, at least with the supported players. It's true that as I described, I can't check it now with other players then WMP, but with that one at least, it is working perfectly. So the Play bang (maybe I should name it otherwise, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how) shouldn't be removed, because it can be used and many folks are really using it, so it has to stay in the docs.
ingridd

Post by ingridd »

death.crafter wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:25 am
  • Right. Everytime spotify gets an update run spicetify apply.
  • If still doesn't work run spicetify upgrade.
  • If still doesn't work check if WebNowPlaying got updated from Github and grab the latest one.
Glad it worked out.

ThumbsUpJimCarreyGIF.gif
just a quick question - is it possible to be able to not run spicetify apply everytime i restart spotify?
ingridd

Post by ingridd »

oh nevermind, i think its because im using the windows store version, will probs install the official version
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

ingridd wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:44 am just a quick question - is it possible to be able to not run spicetify apply everytime i restart spotify?
Not everytime you restart... Everytime you update... But yes use desktop version instead of MS Store version if you want to use spicetify... Sometimes it doesn't work with MS Stroe version
from the Realm of Death
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

balala wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:37 am No, it's not misleading at all. It's working perfectly, at least with the supported players. It's true that as I described, I can't check it now with other players then WMP, but with that one at least, it is working perfectly. So the Play bang (maybe I should name it otherwise, but unfortunately I'm not entirely sure how) shouldn't be removed, because it can be used and many folks are really using it, so it has to stay in the docs.
It is and I am not at all speaking of other players. You totally missed the image I provided.
from the Realm of Death
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:37 amNo, it's not misleading at all.
Death.crafter referrred to the partially supported player list here, where Spotify and the Play command are mentioned in the same sentence along with other commands, implying that they work as expected for Spotify (i.e. as they do for other players). It's more or less about semantics and logically equalling "available" with "fully supported" or "working as it should" for the said command, which, to be fair, almost everyone does at first - thus the misleading rating. In other words, while technically the manual isn't wrong in that the Play command is indeed "available" for Spotify, in terms of common sense meaning it is, since it doesn't do what it does in the rest of the players.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

death.crafter wrote: June 21st, 2021, 12:01 pm It is and I am not at all speaking of other players. You totally missed the image I provided.
Right, retract my wrong posted reply. Sorry...
ingridd

Post by ingridd »

death.crafter wrote: June 21st, 2021, 11:59 am Not everytime you restart... Everytime you update... But yes use desktop version instead of MS Store version if you want to use spicetify... Sometimes it doesn't work with MS Stroe version
hello, sorry for bothering again but I kind of ran into another problem.
what happened with the windows store version of spotify was I had to run spicetify apply every time I restart or reopen spotify. don't know how it turned out like that, but otherwise the NowPlaying wouldn't work
I searched online for several methods, and ended up uninstalling the MS Spotify and installing the official version.
i ran spicetify apply again after installation, changed the prefs_path because of an error powershell prompted, but now the meter just doesn't update, even after I do spicetify apply.
how should I go about solving this issue?

(I changed the prefs_path from C:\Users\yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\LocalState\Spotify\prefs
to
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\prefs)

i know this isn't exactly entirely rainmeter related - forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask :-( :(
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

ingridd wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 7:19 am (I changed the prefs_path from C:\Users\yourusername>\AppData\Local\Packages\SpotifyAB.SpotifyMusic_zpdnekdrzrea0\LocalState\Spotify\prefs
to
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\prefs)

i know this isn't exactly entirely rainmeter related - forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask :-( :(
You have to change the spotify_path too.

If it still doesn't work reinstall spicetify. But first delete the spicetify-cli and .spicetify folder from your user folder, i.e. C:\Users\<yourusername>
from the Realm of Death
ingridd

Post by ingridd »

death.crafter wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:01 am You have to change the spotify_path too.

If it still doesn't work reinstall spicetify. But first delete the spicetify-cli and .spicetify folder from your user folder, i.e. C:\Users\<yourusername>
changing the spotify path did it, thanks so much