It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:20 pm

Mouth shape question

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Mouth shape question

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:03 pm Of course - go ahead and use the most suited choice for your case. ;-) I only wanted to show that one can workaround in such a way to completely eliminate the problem. In any case, these workarounds will be obsolete once the devs fix the bug, so they only serve as temporary solutions (and challenges). :D
Posted the question into the Bugs & Feature Suggestions section. Waiting for reply.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:09 pm Posted the question into the Bugs & Feature Suggestions section. Waiting for reply.
Excellent - thanks for linking back and forth, maybe our experiences would help the devs come up with a fix easier. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 8th, 2021, 7:18 pm Excellent - thanks for linking back and forth, maybe our experiences would help the devs come up with a fix easier. :thumbup:
Here is Brian's reply, with a few details: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37675&p=191685#p191681
Good to be known, especially that somehow I missed so far the StrokeLineJoin parameter. My bad...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 9th, 2021, 2:18 pm Here is Brian's reply, with a few details: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=37675&p=191685#p191681
Good to be known, especially that somehow I missed so far the StrokeLineJoin parameter. My bad...
Thanks for letting me know. So you're ok with the answer - you even say that was your bad? LOL, I'm dissapointed, really. If you paid attention to what I explained here, you would have realized Brian talked about a workaround variant that STILL produces artefacts, for higher stroke widths (thus, the bug exists, and is NOT fixed). My initial workaround here (2nd image) produces EXACTLY the same effects as far as the bug is concerned with the later ikarus1969 and Brian workaround variants. I'll post a graphical representation of what I'm talking about in the other thread, so Brian can see it too.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 9th, 2021, 3:22 pm Thanks for letting me know. So you're ok with the answer - you even say that was your bad? LOL, I'm dissapointed, really. If you paid attention to what I explained here, you would have realized Brian talked about a workaround variant that STILL produces artefacts, for higher stroke widths (thus, the bug exists, and is NOT fixed). My initial workaround here (2nd image) produces EXACTLY the same effects as far as the bug is concerned with the later ikarus1969 and Brian workaround variants. I'll post a graphical representation of what I'm talking about in the other thread, so Brian can see it too.
Ok, do so. I don't contest your solution was good enough. Even if the problem still persist, me personally am Ok, will use it as described and have no problems with it. At least from my point of view, it's ok...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 9th, 2021, 3:47 pm Ok, do so. I don't contest your solution was good enough. Even if the problem still persist, me personally am Ok, will use it as described and have no problems with it. At least from my point of view, it's ok...
No, I was wrong. Closing the paths fixes things in almost all workarounds bar my first one, like death.crafter stated.