It is currently April 24th, 2024, 10:01 pm

Skins or Rainmeter not saving Draggable option

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nerxxy

Skins or Rainmeter not saving Draggable option

Post by Nerxxy »

Not sure if its Rainmeter or the skins, but something is broken for me, some skins wont move even though they are set to be draggable and if I were refresh the skin after clicking draggable it clears the option, as shown in the video: https://i.imgur.com/vafOf97.mp4

even when i go into the rainmeter.ini thats in appdata - roaming - rainmeter and change the value "draggable" to 1 it still doesnt save the setting if i were to refresh the skin (like in the video)
Nerxxy

Re: Skins or Rainmeter not saving Draggable option

Post by Nerxxy »

I just did some more testing, and seems like its only the NXT-OS Skin items that I cant move about

I can't move the cpu, ram, volume or time widgets but I can move the game drawer (also by NXT-OS) does anyone know if this is intentional or is something broken? I vaguely remember being able to move them about but then I may be mistaken.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Nerxxy wrote: May 21st, 2021, 7:34 pm I just did some more testing, and seems like its only the NXT-OS Skin items that I cant move about

I can't move the cpu, ram, volume or time widgets but I can move the game drawer (also by NXT-OS) does anyone know if this is intentional or is something broken? I vaguely remember being able to move them about but then I may be mistaken.
Maybe try right clicking the unmovable skins and in the context menu go to Settings and in the submenu uncheck "Keep on screen".
Nerxxy

Post by Nerxxy »

balala, ive tried that and many other things, i even fully uninstalled and reinstalled all the skins redone all my settings, and it still doesnt move, so ive guessed that its intentional from the skin dev for some reason, it is what it tho i guess. if you have any other potential solutions then i dont mind trying them out :)
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

The NXT-OS skins are littered with bangs like !Draggable, !ZPos, !Clickthrough and various other skin settings. While these bangs have their uses, some skin authors "force" specific settings on the end user. However, a lot of skin authors provide some sort of a "settings" skin to set these values. (I am not sure if NXT-OS uses a settings skin or not).

I would first try to find a "settings" skin(s) and see if there is some option to toggle the dragging of skins. If that doesn't work, you could search for the !Draggable bangs within each skin (and .inc files) and remove them. Then you should be able to manually toggle the draggable option via the Manage dialog (or context menu) to your liking.

-Brian
Nerxxy

Post by Nerxxy »

Brian, there is a main settings skin where you can add/remove aspects but from what I can tell there is no option to find the widgets I use, although there is a setting skin to add the widgets but that doesnt have any options to make the widgets draggable.

I would have just asked the dev if there was a way for me to contact them... their "support" page isnt very.. supporting... but it is what it is, and tbh i havent done too much digging so they might have a github but i dont know ill have to check that.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Nerxxy wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 8:59 pm Brian, there is a main settings skin where you can add/remove aspects but from what I can tell there is no option to find the widgets I use, although there is a setting skin to add the widgets but that doesnt have any options to make the widgets draggable.

I would have just asked the dev if there was a way for me to contact them... their "support" page isnt very.. supporting... but it is what it is, and tbh i havent done too much digging so they might have a github but i dont know ill have to check that.
A little piece of advice:
Rather than trying to contact the skin's author try to edit it yourself.

Question is how to do it easily?
Download a modern code editor, my first opinion would b Visual Studio Code.

Since it's dragging that's not working there are two reasons.
  • One as mentioned before, dragging=0 and another is LeftMouseDownAction
After installing, right click on the skin folder and open with VSCode and use find option to find the things mentioned above and either remove them or put a " ; " before them.

If it's LeftMouseDownAction try to change them to LeftMouseUpAction if possible.
from the Realm of Death
Nerxxy

Post by Nerxxy »

death.crafter wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 12:27 am A little piece of advice:
Rather than trying to contact the skin's author try to edit it yourself.

Question is how to do it easily?
Download a modern code editor, my first opinion would b Visual Studio Code.

Since it's dragging that's not working there are two reasons.
  • One as mentioned before, dragging=0 and another is LeftMouseDownAction
After installing, right click on the skin folder and open with VSCode and use find option to find the things mentioned above and either remove them or put a " ; " before them.

If it's LeftMouseDownAction try to change them to LeftMouseUpAction if possible.
A little piece of advice
Rather then assuming people haven't tried editing it themselves, try asking them if they have or not, you know just say "have you tried editing it yourself? you would need to look for (this bang) or (that bang) and then change them to (this or that), if you need any suggestions on what software to use i would recommend this (software)" it just comes off a little nicer :)

But ok i will look for those options again, even tho last time i couldnt find anything in the basic skins files, so one would assume they are in a different "master" file?
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Nerxxy wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 7:19 pm A little piece of advice
Rather then assuming people haven't tried editing it themselves, try asking them if they have or not, you know just say "have you tried editing it yourself? you would need to look for (this bang) or (that bang) and then change them to (this or that), if you need any suggestions on what software to use i would recommend this (software)" it just comes off a little nicer :)

But ok i will look for those options again, even tho last time i couldnt find anything in the basic skins files, so one would assume they are in a different "master" file?
Sorry my bad if I sounded rude. What I meant was don't waste your time expecting for the author's reply for a old skin. And about recommending editor it's sole purpose was so that a simple search can bring up all the files that have it. I could have said it better I guess. My apologies.
Edit:
I checked out NXT-OS and realized, f. The author is at God level. I wouldn't touch anything else than the clock if I were to edit that skin. Though I can replicate individual skins I wouldn't touch that skin's files. They are woven like fine silk, if you know what I mean.
from the Realm of Death