It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:12 am

Players Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Players Not Working

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: May 12th, 2021, 7:23 am I have a Suite on DeviantArt search for "Sweet Suite" and "devart" together it might show up - the suite has only been up for a few days,
Now is it still available or not? If it is, instead of searching by ourselves, post a link please, especially if it's your own work.
Gankaku

Post by Gankaku »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 11th, 2021, 11:28 pm I was going to ask what version of media player you were using, since "sadly" several current players no longer work with the aging NowPlaying plugin. Glad you were able to find the issue :great:

Latest versions of VLC , MediaMonkey, and JRiver have all reported issues. Hopefully, some enterprising Rainmeter enthusiast coder may take up the challenge of updating the plugin (*hint*) ... until then using the older versions are the only cure. :Whistle
OK version 4 of Media Monkey works, but not 5. VLC does not work (latest version). I just downloaded JRiver Media Center's latest. Does not work.

The problem with the old versions is that they all tend to look really bad. I can get past that I guess, but the worst is they all have the BLINDING white screens. Media Monkey has the humongous white web screen page. I cannot get rid of that. I've only been on maybe an hour and a half this morning and my eyes hurt so much. I'm older, have an eye issue, and just can't take it with any white screens. But the new version of Media Monkey is superb. With JRiver, I've skinned it and it looks fine. However, this software is expensive, and if I want to buy it again, I want the new version, which doesn't work.

I saw there was a way to edit the skins themselves to fix them to work properly? I don't know, but it was changing the Measure coding inside the ini file, but I couldn't figure out where for the life of me. I tried several skins, all written differently of course, but the coding was unlike the coding I saw in the recommendation (on Rainmeter's page). I was thinking if I could fix the code in my Player skins, all would be well but no. I don't know if that would work or not, since Rainmeter doesn't work with these new versions of VLC, Media Monkey and JRiver anyway.

@code I found your "A Sweet Suite" and I like it! Nicely built. But alas, it does not work. The wizard doesn't recognize Media Monkey (the old version or new). And it saw I had JRiver 26 (I have the 27 trial right now), but nothing showed up, while the cd art and other data did on another skin. It may work with the older media players, but my eyes were so sore this morning after opening these old players with white screens I just couldn't do it anymore. Did you get it to work with JRiver 27? Please lemme know!
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Gankaku wrote: May 12th, 2021, 6:42 pm
@code I found your "A Sweet Suite" and I like it! Nicely built. But alas, it does not work. The wizard doesn't recognize Media Monkey (the old version or new). And it saw I had JRiver 26 (I have the 27 trial right now), but nothing showed up, while the cd art and other data did on another skin. It may work with the older media players, but my eyes were so sore this morning after opening these old players with white screens I just couldn't do it anymore. Did you get it to work with JRiver 27? Please lemme know!
Hi, there is really no difference between MC26 and MC27 as far as Rainmeter goes.

Yes, it is true that sometimes the art does not show up, but I found that is mainly due to some windows thing. I found this helps, but may require restarting MC 27 and/or windows, after a trick I discovered: select all of the tracks in the album then right-click and go to Album Art and "get from internet" 99% of the time the correct art is able to be selected (the other 1% is the internet doesnt know that album/band) sometimes the player will 'fix itself' after the current track switches to the next.

Link to the devart suite: https://www.deviantart.com/code-sapient/art/A-Sweet-Suite-2-0-879018318
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Gankaku

Post by Gankaku »

CodeCode wrote: May 12th, 2021, 10:56 pm Hi, there is really no difference between MC26 and MC27 as far as Rainmeter goes.

Yes, it is true that sometimes the art does not show up, but I found that is mainly due to some windows thing. I found this helps, but may require restarting MC 27 and/or windows, after a trick I discovered: select all of the tracks in the album then right-click and go to Album Art and "get from internet" 99% of the time the correct art is able to be selected (the other 1% is the internet doesnt know that album/band) sometimes the player will 'fix itself' after the current track switches to the next.

Link to the devart suite: https://www.deviantart.com/code-sapient/art/A-Sweet-Suite-2-0-879018318
@codecode Wait wait - I just tested it again after leaving it for awhile. I closed out and reopened, made sure JRiver was selected and this version 27 works with your MASSIVE ROUND CIRCLE! haha it's good. So yours works. Just not any others.

I did try going back to JRiver Media Center 12 (super old) and it still does NOT work with Enigma. If anyone has suggestions on what I can do to fix these skins, I'll do it myself if someone points the direction (as long as it's in the skin and not in Rainmeter itself, of course). I'd rather input the fixes than trying to use these lower eye burning versions of media players.

EDIT: And...I got Enigma and one other besides yours to work with Rainmeter. So, on one of them I had to edit the ini and input CAD as the player, instead of JRiver. And with the Enigma skin, I just have absolutely no idea how it's now working. I selected JRiver (for the millionth time) and magically it somehow works, even with v27. Maybe downloading your "A Sweet Suite" pushed it to comply hahaha Well I'm kind of happy now because I can by JRiver's latest version and that's that. And it looks from this page https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/ VLC is no longer supported. So maybe that's why I can't get it going at all.