It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:49 pm

Toggle click on another skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GPLAYA23

Toggle click on another skin

Post by GPLAYA23 »

Hi, I'm new to rainmeter.
I'm using the unfold skin, and I want the click on a specific icon will simulate a click on another skin, which Is the launcher by Corvast (https://www.deviantart.com/corvust/art/Launcher-755281345). I looked through the Manuel but couldn't find what I wanted. Is this even possible?

Thank you :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Toggle click on another skin

Post by balala »

GPLAYA23 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 11:18 pm I'm using the unfold skin, and I want the click on a specific icon will simulate a click on another skin, which Is the launcher by Corvast (https://www.deviantart.com/corvust/art/Launcher-755281345). I looked through the Manuel but couldn't find what I wanted. Is this even possible?
Since didn't get a reply, I'd like to sumarize a little bit what you want to achieve, because I didn't understand either.
So would you like to click to unfold skin (which me personally don't know what is, but I suppose it's another skin out there), to launch a program / app (whatever), set up in the Corvast's Launcher skin. Am I right?
GPLAYA23

Post by GPLAYA23 »

balala wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 6:41 am Since didn't get a reply, I'd like to sumarize a little bit what you want to achieve, because I didn't understand either.
So would you like to click to unfold skin (which me personally don't know what is, but I suppose it's another skin out there), to launch a program / app (whatever), set up in the Corvast's Launcher skin. Am I right?
Sorry for the mess, I'll try to be more clear.
The launcher skin has groups in it, and it pops up when you click on top of the screen. What I want to achieve is that when I click on the unfold skin, the click will sort of toggle the click on the other skin (I want the launcher screen to pop up)
!ToggleConfig won't work because it only activates the skin, not showing the group.

Here's the launcher skin in action, if it helps you understand what I mean: https://gfycat.com/candidunderstatedgentoopenguin

Thank you for your replay
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GPLAYA23 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 8:55 am What I want to achieve is that when I click on the unfold skin, the click will sort of toggle the click on the other skin (I want the launcher screen to pop up)
!ToggleConfig won't work because it only activates the skin, not showing the group.
!ToggleConfig definitely is not a good solution, because as even yourself said, you don't have to activate or deactivate the Launcher skin, just have to execute an appropriate command on it.
To do this you have to identify the element of the unfold skin, which you want to use to show up the icons of Launcher. I don't know which that element (meter) is, because first I don't have the unfold skin (even if I could look for it), but secondly (more important), I can't decide in your place what to use. This has to be your decision.
If you know which meter you want to use to click to, to show up the icons of Launcher, add the following LeftMouseUpAction option to it: LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure ActionTimer_MainTimer "Stop 2" "Launcher"][!CommandMeasure ActionTimer_MainTimer "Execute 1" "Launcher"]. As you can see both !CommandMeasure bangs are using a third parameter (here colored red), which indicates Rainmeter in which config the bangs have to be ran.
Hope you can get it working. Please let me know if you encounter difficulties.
GPLAYA23

Post by GPLAYA23 »

balala wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 11:34 am !ToggleConfig definitely is not a good solution, because as even yourself said, you don't have to activate or deactivate the Launcher skin, just have to execute an appropriate command on it.
To do this you have to identify the element of the unfold skin, which you want to use to show up the icons of Launcher. I don't know which that element (meter) is, because first I don't have the unfold skin (even if I could look for it), but secondly (more important), I can't decide in your place what to use. This has to be your decision.
If you know which meter you want to use to click to, to show up the icons of Launcher, add the following LeftMouseUpAction option to it: LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure ActionTimer_MainTimer "Stop 2" "Launcher"][!CommandMeasure ActionTimer_MainTimer "Execute 1" "Launcher"]. As you can see both !CommandMeasure bangs are using a third parameter (here colored red), which indicates Rainmeter in which config the bangs have to be ran.
Hope you can get it working. Please let me know if you encounter difficulties.
It worked!
Thank you so much for your help!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GPLAYA23 wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 12:53 pm It worked!
Thank you so much for your help!
Glad to help and glad you got it working.