It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:01 am

Pileus(Ideas/Todo)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
way2thesky

Re: Pileus(Ideas/Todo)

Post by way2thesky »

balala wrote: April 16th, 2021, 8:37 pm Yes, but we don't have that file and nor the images. That's why I ask you to pack and upload the whole config. It would include all needed files.
Is this skin your own unpublished work? Because I tried to google the web a little bit, but found nothing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wHa3XCN5qufIpIDNyIBNjN6_qkrUngOO/view?usp=sharing
way2thesky

Post by way2thesky »

balala wrote: April 16th, 2021, 8:37 pm Yes, but we don't have that file and nor the images. That's why I ask you to pack and upload the whole config. It would include all needed files.
Is this skin your own unpublished work? Because I tried to google the web a little bit, but found nothing.
https://www.deviantart.com/livinglightningrod/art/P-I-L-E-U-S-Suite-148290753
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ok, finally, that's it.
It's not extremely simple to translate, but it's not impossible either. Unfortunately I don't work anymore tonight, because here is almost midnight, so now I'm going to sleep. But tomorrow will come back with a detailed description on how to translate, if you still will be interested and no one else will do it. Stay tuned...
way2thesky

Post by way2thesky »

balala wrote: April 16th, 2021, 8:51 pm Ok, finally, that's it.
It's not extremely simple to translate, but it's not impossible either. Unfortunately I don't work anymore tonight, because here is almost midnight, so now I'm going to sleep. But tomorrow will come back with a detailed description on how to translate, if you still will be interested and no one else will do it. Stay tuned...
yes! I'm interested, I'll be waiting, I'll be glad if you help me with this :)
thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

way2thesky wrote: April 16th, 2021, 8:54 pm yes! I'm interested, I'll be waiting, I'll be glad if you help me with this :)
In fact there seems to be nothing to translate in the Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini skin. The only thing which might be translated is the content of the Skins\Pileus\Notes\ToDo.txt file, but this doesn't worth too much to translate, because when you want to add your note, you have to modify this file, so even translated it'll re rewritten. And I suppose you'll add your note in Russian, so nothing to translate.
Would you like to translate other skins of the package as well? An extremely simple example: I'm gonna show you how to translate the Skins\Pileus\Clock\Pileus.Date.Time.ini skin. You have to simply add a FormatLocale=ru-RU option to all Time measures (namely: [MeasureTime], [MeasureDate], [MeasureTimeampm], [MeasureTimeS], [MeasureMonth] and [MeasureDay]). If you want to try this out, don't forget to refresh the skin after you add those options.
Do you want to translate other skins of the Pileus package as well? If you do, please let me (us) know.
way2thesky

Post by way2thesky »

balala wrote: April 17th, 2021, 6:33 pm In fact there seems to be nothing to translate in the Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini skin. The only thing which might be translated is the content of the Skins\Pileus\Notes\ToDo.txt file, but this doesn't worth too much to translate, because when you want to add your note, you have to modify this file, so even translated it'll re rewritten. And I suppose you'll add your note in Russian, so nothing to translate.
Would you like to translate other skins of the package as well? An extremely simple example: I'm gonna show you how to translate the Skins\Pileus\Clock\Pileus.Date.Time.ini skin. You have to simply add a FormatLocale=ru-RU option to all Time measures (namely: [MeasureTime], [MeasureDate], [MeasureTimeampm], [MeasureTimeS], [MeasureMonth] and [MeasureDay]). If you want to try this out, don't forget to refresh the skin after you add those options.
Do you want to translate other skins of the Pileus package as well? If you do, please let me (us) know.

thanks for the answer!
yes, indeed, I just want to write to Notes, the text is in Russian, but in response on the desktop I get characters like to the screenshot
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

way2thesky wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:09 pm yes, indeed, I just want to write to Notes, the text is in Russian, but in response on the desktop I get characters like to the screenshot
Alright, now I see what are you talking about.
The solution is extremely simple: the files used by the skin are not best encoded. You have to reencode them. In Rainmeter all files used by skins should have to be encoded as UTF-16 LE. But in this package (which I suppose is a little bit older, see below why do I believe this, among the encoding problem) the Skins\Pileus\Notes\ToDo.txt file (which stores your note) has a UTF-8 encoding. Such a this way encoded file doesn't store properly the Cyrillic letters, that's why you see them in the "screenshoted" way. So simply reencode the file. Hope you know how to do this (if you don't know please let me know, to assist you).
Besides the above ToDo.txt, not best way encoded file, other files same way have not the proper encoding. For instance, the main file of the skin (Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini) is encoded to ANSI, which is even worst than UTF-8. Recommend to reencode this as well (and the other files of the package as well).
Some details here and here.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Now a few words about why do I believe this package is old enough (as described above):
  • The skins belonging to it, have some deprecated bangs. Such deprecated bangs are the !Execute bang, along with the !Rainmeter... bang prefix. Both have been deprecated many - many years ago and should not be used (however the skins using these bangs do work, especially for backward compatibility reasons). So, recommend to remove all these bangs. For instance the LeftMouseDownAction option of the [Icon1] meter (Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini file) has the follwoing form: LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter IconActive1][!RainmeterHideMeter Icon1][!RainmeterRedraw]. The red parts of this option, should be removed, something like this: LeftMouseDownAction=[!ShowMeter IconActive1][!HideMeter Icon1][!Redraw].
  • Another: instead of LeftMouseDownAction, LeftMouseUpAction is better recommended, having some advantages. In the Note here can you find out what those advantages are. I'd definitely replace them.
  • Probably when this skin (package) has been written the @Resources folder hasn't been already added, so the author created a Resources folder (without the @) and stores the required files there. In meantime @Resources became the prefered place to store these resources, so I'd move all those resources into such a folder. This would have thr advantage that when such a file should have to be used, its path would be much shorter. For instance IF YOU MOVED - or for first just copied - THE CONTENT OF THE WHOLE Resources FOLDER to @Resources (which has to be created), you can replace the ImageName=#SkinsPath#\Pileus\Resources\Images\Icon Set #Icon Set#\#IconToDo#.png option of the same [Icon1] meter of the Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini file with ImageName=#@#Images\Icon Set #Icon Set#\#IconToDo#.png. This is enough, Rainmeter identifies that the #@# variable represents the @Resources folder, locating this way the files stored into this folder. Much simpler, don't have to add the whole path. Details here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/skins/resources-folder/
So these are my concerns related to the package, which as said, suppose is (extremely) old. However for backward compatibility reasons it can be used.
way2thesky

Post by way2thesky »

balala wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:38 pm Alright, now I see what are you talking about.
The solution is extremely simple: the files used by the skin are not best encoded. You have to reencode them. In Rainmeter all files used by skins should have to be encoded as UTF-16 LE. But in this package (which I suppose is a little bit older, see below why do I believe this, among the encoding problem) the Skins\Pileus\Notes\ToDo.txt file (which stores your note) has a UTF-8 encoding. Such a this way encoded file doesn't store properly the Cyrillic letters, that's why you see them in the "screenshoted" way. So simply reencode the file. Hope you know how to do this (if you don't know please let me know, to assist you).
Besides the above ToDo.txt, not best way encoded file, other files same way have not the proper encoding. For instance, the main file of the skin (Skins\Pileus\Notes\To Do\PileusNotesToDo.ini) is encoded to ANSI, which is even worst than UTF-8. Recommend to reencode this as well (and the other files of the package as well).
Some details here and here.
thank you! now it's everything works, helped change encoding UTF -> Ansi
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

way2thesky wrote: April 18th, 2021, 1:24 pm thank you! now it's everything works, helped change encoding UTF -> Ansi
Recommend not to use ANSI. If the ToDo.txt file is set to ANSI, Cyrillic letters for sure are not shown alright.
If they are, I suppose you changed the encoding to UTF-16 LE, not to ANSI.