It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 4:56 pm

Skin Positioning Problems

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Landon

Skin Positioning Problems

Post by Landon »

Upon loading a skin I would like it to start at a position of my own choosing and not have to drag into the position I want. It does not matter if the skin is being manually opened through configs menu, opened with a theme, or if it's opened with rainmeter upon computer boot up, when the skin is opened I want it to be in a location that I have already chosen.

Right now there is no particular code night now because I just want to figure out how to 'locate' anything, a button, image, graph, whatever! I would have thought this would have been rather easy but for the life of me I can't figure it out!

The screen will not ever being changing resolution so I am not concerned about misplacements happening with resolution changes.

Working with Rainmeter 1.1 on windows 7 home premium.

Advance thanks to those who try to help.
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Skin Positioning Problems

Post by JamesAC »

Once you have positioned your skin it should remember where it is positioned the next time you open it. (As long as you keep the same theme.)

Other than dragging them I dont see any other sensible method of positioning the skins.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your problem
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Landon

Post by Landon »

I originally came to this problem when working with Button Meters. I have not been able to move buttons I have created because clicking to drag them would execute the command I had given it in the .ini file as it should(i.e open notepad). If someone could tell me how to move buttons then I believe I wouldn't have any need to code starting positions into any of my planned skins.
JamesAC
Developer

Post by JamesAC »

Ahh I see your issue. You have two options, either:

A) Use Rainbrowser to manually edit the position values of the skin to put it in the required location.

Or,

B) Create a small invisible IMAGE meter in your skin which is behind the button and extends slightly to each side. You can then click on this area to drag the skin around. (Note: you will need to use SolidColor=0,0,0,1 for the image meter)

Hope that helps
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Landon

Post by Landon »

Thanks for the idea JamesAC. I'm sure ill be able to get method B to work as I had already planned to have gaps between the buttons for theme I'm working on and those gaps will be a great place to have an invisible 'handle bar' to move the meters to where I'd like them.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Instead of LeftMouseDown, you could use LeftMouseUp.
That way you can drag them without executing the command.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.