It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:23 pm

How do I set more that one clock with Win10 Widgets?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JosueCedeno

How do I set more that one clock with Win10 Widgets?

Post by JosueCedeno »

I would like to set more than a clock cause it will be useful to have it as I need to observe at least two different time zones.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How do I set more that one clock with Win10 Widgets?

Post by eclectic-tech »

JosueCedeno wrote: April 11th, 2021, 8:47 pm I would like to set more than a clock cause it will be useful to have it as I need to observe at least two different time zones.
I while ago, I created Win10 Widgets World Time; it will show up to 6 cities. (a little self-promotion :oops: )

If you just want a second DateTime skin like the original Win10 Widgets it is necessary to copy the clock files to a new folder and edit the code to let you set them to a time zone other than local.

Copy the 4 files from "Win10 Widgets\DateTime" folder; DateTime-Large.ini/DateTime-Medium.ini/DateTime-Small.ini/DateTime-Tiny.ini
Create a new folder in "Win10 Widgets", with a new name (I would name it "DateTime2"), and paste those 4 files in the new folder.
Open the "DateTime-Large.ini" file from that new folder in your text editor.

Create a new variable in the [Variables] section and set it to zero: Zone=0
Then edit each Time measure (those sections have "Measure=Time") and add TimeZone=#Zone# to each of them.

Save the file and Refresh All in Rainmeter.

You will now see you new folder "Win10 Widgets\DateTime2". Load any of the variants, they will show the time and date for London (TimeZone=0).

To show the date and time for a different location, just set the "Zone" variable in "DateTime-Large.ini" to the time zone for that location, save that file and refresh the skin.

Note: All of the variants use the measures in "DateTime-Large.ini", so you only need to modify that 1 file and variable.