It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:07 am

Diagonal buttons and how to not make them stack

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Nilvarno

Diagonal buttons and how to not make them stack

Post by Nilvarno »

Hi everyone, i'll try to make it short: my aim is to make a series of rectangular buttons from top to bottom in a diagonal way, (in my country we say "Fish Spine" to indicate this arrangement, don't know if it's the same for you) and, of course, this way makes the Top-Left and Bottom-Right of the button clear, void of any pixel. Still, those areas are clickable, and as such the buttons overstack one on top of the other, making clicking a mess. I tried to change the meter into an image, a straight image rotated with the command, but it's the same. Is there any option to tell rainmeter to no make alpha clickable? Or if there is any other solution at all. Thank you.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Diagonal buttons and how to not make them stack

Post by SilverAzide »

Nilvarno wrote: April 2nd, 2021, 2:11 pm Hi everyone, i'll try to make it short: my aim is to make a series of rectangular buttons from top to bottom in a diagonal way, (in my country we say "Fish Spine" to indicate this arrangement, don't know if it's the same for you) and, of course, this way makes the Top-Left and Bottom-Right of the button clear, void of any pixel. Still, those areas are clickable, and as such the buttons overstack one on top of the other, making clicking a mess. I tried to change the meter into an image, a straight image rotated with the command, but it's the same. Is there any option to tell rainmeter to no make alpha clickable? Or if there is any other solution at all. Thank you.
It would help if you posted your code. In general, an alpha value of 0 is not clickable in Rainmeter, but if you are using TransformationMatrix to rotate your buttons then there will be issues. The clickable area is calculated before the TransformationMatrix is applied, so this would be a major problem with buttons in the "fish spine" (or "fish bone") arrangement you are referring to.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...