It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 5:20 pm

Inline Setting not changing ☀ character/Font not recognised

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tvertimod

Re: Inline Setting not changing ☀ character/Font not recognised

Post by Tvertimod »

The Kozuka Mincho Pr6N R font is a pre installed font on my Windows 10 system and can't be downloaded free if you don't already have it.

Re the images, I meant the picture you posted of the screenshot from my linked image with the three lines of text. So, for example, if I wanted to take a screenshot and post it here as an image - how would I do that?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tvertimod wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:36 pm The Kozuka Mincho Pr6N R font is a pre installed font on my Windows 10 system and can't be downloaded free if you don't already have it.
I don't have it, even if I'm using Win 10.
Tvertimod wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:36 pm Re the images, I meant the picture you posted of the screenshot from my linked image with the three lines of text. So, for example, if I wanted to take a screenshot and post it here as an image - how would I do that?
I cut it out from your image.
To create a screenshot you can use a specific software tool, like LightShot, or any other. There are a lot of them out there, just have to google the internet a little bit.
Probably many users here will laugh, but believe or not, I'm using the good old MS Paint. I got used to use it decades ago, at the begining of my computer work, on Windows 3.1, then Windows 95 and so on. When I have to quickly take a screenshot, I'm just hitting PrintScreen on my keyboard and paste the image into Paint, cut it out and save.
Tvertimod

Post by Tvertimod »

I know how to take the screenshot - I just don't know how to get it to appear in these comments. When I post links to sites using the insert image function it shows up as a broken link (see below), and I can't just paste it in from the clipboard.

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tvertimod wrote: March 18th, 2021, 8:59 pm I know how to take the screenshot - I just don't know how to get it to appear in these comments. When I post links to sites using the insert image function it shows up as a broken link (see below), and I can't just paste it in from the clipboard.
Ok, sorry. I again misunderstood you.
Attach the image, using the Attachments tab below the field where you are writing your reply. Click the Add files button and upload the image. When it is ready, click where you want to place the image and click the Place inline button. That's all.
Rainmeter.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tvertimod

Post by Tvertimod »

Ah, thank you. Here's the finished skin that started all this nonsense, anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tvertimod wrote: March 18th, 2021, 9:43 pm Here's the finished skin that started all this nonsense, anyway.
If you're clicking to the Place inline button you can avoid the Attachements frame of the posted image.
An additional observation, if you don't mind: there are three types of arrows: the one used at the temperatures, another used into the wind line and finally a third one on the Sunrise / Sunser. I probably would use one single of them, the same one for all.
Tvertimod

Post by Tvertimod »

Thanks for the info about.

Re the arrows: I've tried using the same ones and can't really decide. Sometimes one looks better, other times the other - it changes depending on which values are displayed. When the low is 1, eg, it looks tiny next to the big arrow. The wind one I'll leave because it's a standard wind direction symbol and points in all different directions.
Untitled.png
Screenshot 2021-03-19 193750.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Tvertimod wrote: March 19th, 2021, 7:41 pm Re the arrows: I've tried using the same ones and can't really decide. Sometimes one looks better, other times the other - it changes depending on which values are displayed. When the low is 1, eg, it looks tiny next to the big arrow. The wind one I'll leave because it's a standard wind direction symbol and points in all different directions.
Obviosuly you can use them as you want. It's your skin, your work, your decision. Was just an idea...
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

While I am not positive as to "why", it would seem as though the FontFace option is a bit more forgiving than its inline setting counterpart when searching for the "Family Name" of a font.

In this case, the font Kozuka Mincho Pr6N R uses the family name of Kozuka Mincho Pr6N (note the missing "R" at the end). The "R" represents the "Sub Family" property of the font in this case.

So, if you remove the "R" from the inline setting, it should work fine.

Code: Select all

[MeterLOC2]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=TextStyle
FontSize=15
Y=30
InlineSetting=Face | Kozuka Mincho Pr6N
InlinePattern=[\x2600]TEst
Text=London [\x2600]TEst N4
It sure isn't easy to get the proper "Family Name" of a font, which is often times different than the actual name of the font file.

-Brian
Tvertimod

Post by Tvertimod »

You are absolutely correct. Just tested it, altho, since the Kozuka font shifts all the text as if the font size was huge, I'll stick with the MS UI Gothic. At least the mystery is solved, tho. Thanks