It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:05 am

Help with iupdating an old skin's format from winamp to musicbee.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xX_bazingaboy_Xx

Help with iupdating an old skin's format from winamp to musicbee.

Post by xX_bazingaboy_Xx »

Hello! I'm fairly new to rainmeter, so I decided to try out some skins recently. Specifically, the one I'm focusing on right now is this:

https://www.deviantart.com/ladynaga/art/Terezi-Rainmeter-Skin-245438412

I noticed that it had winamp support, so I thought to myself that changing it to be musicbee compatible would be easy, but I'm completely stuck. The old formating of this skin makes it very hard to edit when comparing it to the modern documentation. Really all I want to accomplish with this is making it display the current song like it would with winamp, controlling musicbee is a secondary issue. I should probably note this, but the winamp compatibility is perfect.

I would post some code in this, but I'm not really sure where to start.

I'm currently running rainmeter Ver. 4.4 rev 3433 and windows 10 Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.
deflore08

Re: Help with iupdating an old skin's format from winamp to musicbee.

Post by deflore08 »

I tried to rewrite the skin, but for some reasons "NowPlaying" doesn't work with MusicBee (CAD)..
Image * Image * Image * Image
xX_bazingaboy_Xx

deflore08 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:20 am I tried to rewrite the skin, but for some reasons "NowPlaying" doesn't work with MusicBee (CAD)..
That doesn't bode well. Have you tried using CAD with NowPlaying on a different skin? It might be a specific issue with the one I posted.
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

xX_bazingaboy_Xx wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:28 am That doesn't bode well. Have you tried using CAD with NowPlaying on a different skin? It might be a specific issue with the one I posted.
I have AIMP as main player and MusicBee as secondary for some tasks. Tested twice in my own skin and in Terezi - the same result. No clues why. It seems i gonna dig it..
xX_bazingaboy_Xx

deflore08 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:36 am I have AIMP as main player and MusicBee as secondary for some tasks. Tested twice in my own skin and in Terezi - the same result. No clues why. It seems i gonna dig it..
Good luck!
xenium

Post by xenium »

For NowPlaying to work with MusicBee you must enable "CD Art Display" plugin in MusicBee>Edit>EditPreferences>Plugins.
Then restart MusicBee
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

xenium wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:41 am For NowPlaying to work with MusicBee you must enable "CD Art Display" plugin in MusicBee>Edit>EditPreferences>Plugins.
Then restart MusicBee
God!.. It's alive, ALIVE!! Thanks =)
xenium

Post by xenium »

deflore08 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:45 am God!.. It's alive, ALIVE!! Thanks =)
You're welcome
deflore08

Post by deflore08 »

xX_bazingaboy_Xx wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:38 am Good luck!
Okay, you may have it. :) Rewritten for NowPlaying, some function doesn't work or work badly, because i won't go to rewrite whole skin, but your main request works good. :welcome:

Also you may dig the skin a bit to understand how it works in comparing with old and new measures/bangs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xX_bazingaboy_Xx

deflore08 wrote: February 28th, 2021, 10:21 am Okay, you may have it. :) Rewritten for NowPlaying, some function doesn't work or work badly, because i won't go to rewrite whole skin, but your main request works good. :welcome:

Also you may dig the skin a bit to understand how it works in comparing with old and new measures/bangs.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'll be sure to look over the code in an effort to better understand the way rainmeter works. Again, thanks!