It is currently April 25th, 2024, 7:59 am

Change theme at a certain time - Honey Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ThePortugueseMan

Re: Change theme at a certain time - Honey Skin

Post by ThePortugueseMan »

Thank you so much for your time!

Okay so the first if pair works perfectly. There is a small spike in CPU usage but I think that's due to the refresh and unavoidable.

However the second pair does not work. So in the code you've posted, the theme is set to morning when the first if condition is met, but it doesn't go back to noon when the second if statement is active. It doesn't even change the ThemeName in the variables.inc file, so even if I manually refresh it, nothing happens

I've tried changing Update=500 so there was no chance it skipped the zero seconds, but no luck. I've also change the themes around, so "noon" comes first and "morning" second, and it writes "noon" as ThemeName and never "morning" so the issue is related to the second condition itself and not the themes I think.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ThePortugueseMan wrote: March 1st, 2021, 7:26 pm However the second pair does not work. So in the code you've posted, the theme is set to morning when the first if condition is met, but it doesn't go back to noon when the second if statement is active. It doesn't even change the ThemeName in the variables.inc file, so even if I manually refresh it, nothing happens
Obviously! My bad! I copied the options from your first post and forgot to correct the IfCondition1 / IftrueAction1 to IfCondition2 / IftrueAction2, as even myself explaind previously. Please make this update and I hope it'll fix the issue.
ThePortugueseMan

Post by ThePortugueseMan »

I think that did it!

For future reference I ended up changing update to 500 because sometimes it wouldn't change theme.

Anyways, thank you for your time and patience for helping me out!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ThePortugueseMan wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 11:18 am For future reference I ended up changing update to 500 because sometimes it wouldn't change theme.
I don't think it's needed, because for a theme change a refresh is required, so doesn't matter too much which Update do you set. But if you think it's better with Update=500, you can use it so.
Glad if finally you got it working well.