It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:12 pm

Question/Request for the MIRAGE SUITE

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Question/Request for the MIRAGE SUITE

Post by CodeCode »

Hello balala,
I have a specific interest in the workings of your Mirage Suite. Specifically the Browse sub-skin.
Everything you designed seems to be really ingrained in many, many inc files, and I have only been able to disseminate the basics of the Browse skin.
I was wondering/hoping you might be able to supply me with a separate and independent version of that Browse skin?

I cannot identify the inc file where many of the variables contained in the hash(#...#) variety are being called from since there is no @Include for it/them.

Any directions or provisions are appreciated. :confused:

e.g.
yours:
Capture.JPG
mine:
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by CodeCode on February 23rd, 2021, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Question/Request for the MIRAGE SUITE

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 pm Hello balala,
I have a specific interest in the workings of your Mirage Suite. Specifically the Browse sub-skin.
I'm glad if you like and are using it, so I definitely will answer all your question, if I can.
CodeCode wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 pm Everything you designed seems to be really ingrained in many, many inc files, and I have only been able to disseminate the basics of the Browse skin.
I was wondering/hoping you might be able to supply me with a separate and independent version of that Browse skin?

I cannot identify the inc file where many of the variables contained in the hash(#...#) variety are being called from since there is no @Include for it/them.
No, not too many. The most skins of the suite have included and are using the following files:
  • Mirage\@Resources\Rainmeter.inc - it establish the skin group to which the skins are belonging (Mirage). Is used to get the menu shown up when you're hoverinbg the mouse over the skin, respectivelly to hide the menu when you're leaving the skin and some other minor things. Its content is an extension of the [Rainmeter] section of the skin.
  • Mirage\@Resources\Settings.inc - Stores all settings of the suite. Language, location, email addresses, passwords and a lot ofg other things. (Almost) all needed variables. This is the only file which you get written when you are making any settings through the Mirage\Settings\Settings.ini skin.
  • Mirage\@Resources\Menu.inc and Mirage\@Resources\MenuGames.inc (the second used by the games of the suite - 15 Puzzle, 2048, EggHunt, StickHero, Sudoku and TicTacToe and the first by all other skins) creates the menu which is shown when you're hovering the mouse over the skin - the Close and Settings buttons on the upper right side of the skin.
  • There are two more included files:
    • Mirage\@Resources\MessagesX.inc - Messages1 stores the English, Messages2 and Messages3 the Romanian and Hungarian strings used by skins (these are the languages in which I was able to translate the skins - further translators are still waited).
    • Mirage\@Resources\Styles.inc - stores meter styles, used in all skins - the idea was to store these styles into one place and being accessible from there).
    The inclusion of the above files (@IncludeMessages=#@#Messages#Language#.inc and @IncludeStyles=#@#Styles.inc) are added into the Mirage\@Resources\Settings.inc file (third and last option of the [Variables] section), you can find them there.
CodeCode wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 1:37 pm Any directions or provisions are appreciated. :confused:

e.g.
yours:
Capture.JPG
mine:
Capture2.JPG
Please pack the config in which you're using the skin and I'm gonna try to fix it. For instance you get the black background because the background style is stored into the Styles.ini (see above). But this style requires some variables stored into the [Variables] section of the Mirage\@Resources\Settings.inc file (BackgroundColor1Red, BackgroundColor1Green, BackgroundColor1Blue, BackgroundColor1Alpha, BackgroundColor2Red, BackgroundColor2Green, BackgroundColor2Blue, BackgroundColor2Alpha, StrokeColorRed, StrokeColorGreen, StrokeColorBlue, StrokeColorAlpha and BackgroundAngle). Variables like Folder, or ImageFiles are language related and are stored into the Mirage\@Resources\MessagesX.inc files.
So long story short, pack and share please the package, in order to can help you.

Note that the last version of Mirage (1.2) doesn't use anymore the Browse skin, which has a few bugs, which I couldn't properly fix. It has been used only by the first two versions of the suite (1, respectivelly 1.1), then it has been replced by the FileChoose exceptional plugin, by Setsukka (especially that he added a feature to my request - many thanks to him). I recommend you to switch to the newer version of the suite. The next release - version 1.3 - is ready but there still are something to be tested. But it will be released soon (hope until the end of the week).
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Thanks so much balala. Your reply served as a prompt for what I should be looking for. I know the Browse.ini is meant to simply search for a Quote Plugin directory. However, It's design is very suitable to act as a "ThisPC" shortcut as well.
After some checking in the Manual and the FIleVIew Plugin, I managed to get everything needed to run the Browse independent of the Mirage Suite.
With some tweaks and breaking down of the code, I'll hopefully get my "ThisPC" shortcut version of your skin working. 8-)
You code is so thorough compared to many others, that at first it seemed contrived, but now I see it is just so thorough and complete that identifying things required the manual rather than simply scraping code and inc file.

Many thanks for this new thing for me to tinker with and experiment with. :welcome:

Cheers. :thumbup: :rosegift:
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:27 am I know the Browse.ini is meant to simply search for a Quote Plugin directory.
No, it isn't. It is used to open folders or files and to save the appropriate paths into different variables, used later by the skins of the suite.
CodeCode wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:27 am After some checking in the Manual and the FIleVIew Plugin, I managed to get everything needed to run the Browse independent of the Mirage Suite.
I'm glad if you did get it working well.
CodeCode wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:27 am You code is so thorough compared to many others, that at first it seemed contrived, but now I see it is just so thorough and complete that identifying things required the manual rather than simply scraping code and inc file.
Not sure what you mean by "contrived" or "things required the manual rather than simply scraping code and inc file", but I anyway am happy if you think so. Thank you for the appreciations.
I know there is a small problem with the Settings.ini skin, which is HUGE (around 1.5 MB only the .ini file). Some other skins of the suite are also "expensive" (requiring a lot of resources to run on a not extremely quick PC) (this is the case with Slideshow.ini for instance, which slightly - slightly became a little bit too complex), but finally if anyone decides any of those skins are using too much resources, it can easily be unloaded.
CodeCode wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 12:27 am Many thanks for this new thing for me to tinker with and experiment with. :welcome:
You're welcome and I also thank you for the appreciations. Wish you satisfactions if you're using it.