It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:46 pm

Need Help Testing/Debugging Player Skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Need Help Testing/Debugging Player Skin

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
I have a music player skin and associated other Skins that go along with it. In particular, the Wizardy.ini especially.
Wizardy.ini seems to be making a huge impact on CPU temperature - almost 30C hotter than when it is not running. The average overheating is around 23C hotter than when the skin is not loaded.

Please see attached Player and, if someone is willing to test it with me, I would be really grateful.
MusicControlsRunHot_0xx0.x00x.rmskin
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Just run the Wizardry.ini, and watch your CPU temperature. If everyone sees the same CPU temp going up by more than +20C, I would love some help pinning down the culprit Measure/s or Meter/s and coding around the issue, or simply getting rid of the culprit.

Thanks for any help. I cannot see what would be causing the issue, but something is doing it.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need Help Testing/Debugging Player Skin

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: February 8th, 2021, 5:30 pm I cannot see what would be causing the issue, but something is doing it.
The cause is the low Update of the skin. It is set to Update=40, probably due to the [MeasureFormat] audioLevel plugin measure. What am I not sure about is what is your goal with this measure, because it is used only in the [MeterConfig] String meter. If it's possible, try increasing the Update value.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: February 8th, 2021, 8:31 pm The cause is the low Update of the skin. It is set to Update=40, probably due to the [MeasureFormat] audioLevel plugin measure. What am I not sure about is what is your goal with this measure, because it is used only in the [MeterConfig] String meter. If it's possible, try increasing the Update value.
That was exactly the problem. I have adjusted things accordingly.

Thanks balala!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:18 am That was exactly the problem. I have adjusted things accordingly.

Thanks balala!
You're welcome. As you probably know, skins using lower Update than the default Update=1000, always tend to load more or less the CPU. That's why all visualizer skins and skins running different animations, have greater system requirements.