It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:18 am

Help with installing Iron Man Rainmeter Setup - Desktop Blank

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
alexiastan

Help with installing Iron Man Rainmeter Setup - Desktop Blank

Post by alexiastan »

Hi guys,

I'm new to Rainmeter and themeing in Windows 10 since I miss the gadgets from Windows 7 :D , So I really like the Iron Man Jarvis Rainmeter setup but I cannot get my desktop to change. In the last step of any tutorial when I right-click on my desktop and untick show desktop icons everything just disappears and I don't see any changes on the desktop :(. I have everything latest v4.3.1 rainmeter installed and I also tried your beta to see if something isn't right, it doesn't work. It does not error or anything at all it's just at the end step every icon just goes from the desktop and when I tick (show desktop icons) again its back to normal like nothing happened. I downloaded like a ton of different rainmeter skin files from this page but none work, can someone please shed some light on this as I am gonna start hitting my head hard :( the setup looks soo beautiful in these videos and screenshots everyone is posting here and I want the same.

The tutorial that I been following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1jbZLugyT4

My Windows 10 is 1909 update, that should be fine?

Any help or guidance is highly appreciated please, thanks.
alexiastan

Re: Help with installing Iron Man Rainmeter Setup - Desktop Blank

Post by alexiastan »

Not sure if this helps, I've also tried turning off my antivirus and Windows defender too and try again, and nope.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexiastan wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:06 pm So I really like the Iron Man Jarvis Rainmeter setup but I cannot get my desktop to change.
First post a link where we can download the package please.
alexiastan wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:06 pm In the last step of any tutorial when I right-click on my desktop and untick show desktop icons everything just disappears and I don't see any changes on the desktop
Have no idea what are talking about. Usually Rainmeter skins don't remove desktop icons.
alexiastan wrote: January 31st, 2021, 3:06 pm I downloaded like a ton of different rainmeter skin files from this page but none work,
What do you mean by "none work"? Couldn't you install them, or they don't show up?
alexiastan

Post by alexiastan »

Hi, thanks for taking a look.

1. The skin: https://www.deviantart.com/scrollsofaryavart/art/IronMan-Jarvis-Theme-Version-2-271590499
2. I can install it, but if you watch the video he unticks show desktop icon and the theme works, for me it removes every icon from my screen and the theme doesn't appear
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexiastan wrote: January 31st, 2021, 5:14 pm 2. I can install it, but if you watch the video he unticks show desktop icon and the theme works, for me it removes every icon from my screen and the theme doesn't appear
Which skins have you loaded, becaus the package contains a lot of them? As you saw, in the video the desktop icons are disabled manually (at 4:51), I doubt any of the skin would remove them when is ran.
alexiastan

Post by alexiastan »

Hi lol sorry thanks for this,

I was doing it the other way around as you pointed at 4:51, its the jarvis skin I shared above from deviantart and with a few addons, thanks so much it is working now :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexiastan wrote: February 1st, 2021, 6:33 pm I was doing it the other way around as you pointed at 4:51, its the jarvis skin I shared above from deviantart and with a few addons, thanks so much it is working now :D
The link on DeviantArt you've posted has more skins. There are more skins even in the Jarvis_iTunes and Jarvis_Winamp folders of the Iron Man config (eight exactly).
but if you got it (them) working well, it's all good, I hope.
alexiastan

Post by alexiastan »

Yes, I got the hang of it now thank you It was me just rushing through the tutorial and you pointed that out. :rolmfao:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

alexiastan wrote: February 1st, 2021, 8:36 pm Yes, I got the hang of it now thank you It was me just rushing through the tutorial and you pointed that out. :rolmfao:
:thumbup: