It is currently April 26th, 2024, 5:48 pm

Fishing for ideas

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sa1nt4ch

Fishing for ideas

Post by sa1nt4ch »

Hy everyone

I created this image out of individual shapes.
Wolf Polygon.png
Each polygon is a shape. I did it to because it was fun, and I liked the image. But I would like to turn it into a meter of some kind. But I have no idea that convinces me. :confused:

So if anyone got an idea to share that would be great ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Fishing for ideas

Post by Yincognito »

sa1nt4ch wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 8:45 am Hy everyone

I created this image out of individual shapes.
Wolf Polygon.png

Each polygon is a shape. I did it to because it was fun, and I liked the image. But I would like to turn it into a meter of some kind. But I have no idea that convinces me. :confused:

So if anyone got an idea to share that would be great ;-)
That looks awesome - I'm almost thinking of using this as a logo somewhere. :thumbup:
Regarding turning it into a meter, isn't this already a Shape meter? If not, it means your image is made of multiple shape meters. You should be aware that you can have multiple Shape options (each using a different Path, for example) in the same meter - thus what you said (as far as I understand what you meant) can already be done: all those options would belong to the same meter (which can be then, say, moved as a whole).
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

You should be aware that you can have multiple Shape options (each using a different Path, for example) in the same meter
Well yes each poligon is a shape meter using path option. About 50 difrent shapes.

What I meant with meter is, some kinde of animation. I tried randomly changing the transparency of indivudal poligons, but the effekt was not realy great.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Actually there is a workaround to do this. A while ago theAzack9 has posted a tool to convert vectorized images to Shape meter. Here are a few details:
  • You can't convert directly an image to Shape, first you have to convert it to a vectorized image. This means that you have to convert your .png (.jpg or whatever) image into a .svg file, which then can be converted to a Shape meter. To make such a convertion, you can use Inkscape. Since I don't have this software installed I tried some online converters, but didn't get good enough results. A few details on what to do with Inkscape are here. The final idea is that you have to convert the .png image to a .svg file.
  • If you did this and you have a such .svg file, you can use theAzack9's VectorConverter skin, to convert the existing .svg file to a Shape meter.
  • If you did this as well, you have a Shape meter, which if is applied into a skin, shows the image which has been converter, through pure Rainmeter code. The only problem might be that at least in some cases, the resulting meter is HUGE, with tons of Shape options. Not always worth, using the original image into an Image meter in most (almost all) cases is much simpler.
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

well I did that allready (by hand) that wulf is fully drawn only by shapes.

I want to animate it some how make it some sort of gadet on the screen. I was thinking of letting it fly appart and back togeter again.

I dont have the .ini here forgot to upload it on my droppox
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sa1nt4ch wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:13 pm well I did that allready (by hand) that wulf is fully drawn only by shapes.
By hand??? I doubt you can manually create such a Shape meter. Would be curious to see the code, if you don't mind...
sa1nt4ch wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 5:13 pm I want to animate it some how make it some sort of gadet on the screen. I was thinking of letting it fly appart and back togeter again.

I dont have the .ini here forgot to upload it on my droppox
The code is absolutely needed for this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sa1nt4ch wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 3:32 pm Well yes each poligon is a shape meter using path option. About 50 difrent shapes.

What I meant with meter is, some kinde of animation. I tried randomly changing the transparency of indivudal poligons, but the effekt was not realy great.
I see. It don't think changing transparency is what you're looking for, maybe doing some color transition on the shapes. Take a look at the posts in the thread here (not just mine, other variants are excellent as well, and might be either more suited or easier to achieve in your case), if you meant doing something about colors.

If you're talking about movement, I'm pretty sure you can make that wolf talk like a human or move his ears, just by changing some of the path points, LOL. Flying apart and moving the shapes back together requires you to either set the path points according to formulas that makes the reference point(s) of the shapes (wherever that may be; could be their X and Y values) to be points on circles with the center in the middle of the whole "image" and then changing the radius to simulate movement, or, possibly easier, using TransformationMatrix or the transform modifiers to do all kinds of transformations on the meters.

But yeah, balala is correct - so far we can only talk about various ideas. A practical attempt to see what and how it works would obviously require some sort of code. It's not even necessary to be this exact same drawing, it could be any kind of multiple shape drawing.

P.S. I beleieve you can even make the figure "explode" and then reassemble itself, just by moving the shapes/meters apart from each other by modifiying their reference point's radius and simultaneously rotating them.

P.S.S. One other idea: you could even make the figure "glitter" by placing some points here and there over the figure that go from their "normal" color (i.e. the one that blends with the surrounding environment) to pure white and back again, on a random or sequential basis. Any of the above can be of course combined with an ActionTimer cycle, and trigger the whole thing on a mouse action of some sort.
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

Wolf - b.ini
Here is part of the Code.

I'll try to make a dynamic offset.

About the color change that sound interesting. Alternating the color between gray Wolf and brown Wolf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sa1nt4ch wrote: January 25th, 2021, 10:40 am Wolf - b.ini

Here is part of the Code.

I'll try to make a dynamic offset.

About the color change that sound interesting. Alternating the color between gray Wolf and brown Wolf.
What kind of color alternation do you have in mind? Gradually or all of a sudden?
sa1nt4ch

Post by sa1nt4ch »

I belive a gradual one would look cooler. I still have to wrap my head around the link you posted.

And I still try to figure out Bangs and OnActions