It is currently January 26th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Download Problems

Help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
jamesmustain

Download Problems

Post by jamesmustain »

Hi, I download a new skin for Rainmeter, they download as an Internet Explorer file instead of a folder for Rainmeter.
Thanks for helping!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Download Problems

Post by eclectic-tech »

jamesmustain wrote: January 6th, 2021, 3:58 am Hi, I download a new skin for Rainmeter, they download as an Internet Explorer file instead of a folder for Rainmeter.
Thanks for helping!
If by Internet Explorer file you mean the file ends in .zip then rename the file from "somefilename.zip" to "somefilename.rmskin".
Windows will prompt if you are sure you want to change the extension, answer "yes".
Now you can double-click the file and it will open with Rainmeter Installer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Download Problems

Post by balala »

jamesmustain wrote: January 6th, 2021, 3:58 am Hi, I download a new skin for Rainmeter, they download as an Internet Explorer file instead of a folder for Rainmeter.
Thanks for helping!
eclectic-tech wrote: January 6th, 2021, 4:42 am If by Internet Explorer file you mean the file ends in .zip then rename the file from "somefilename.zip" to "somefilename.rmskin".
Windows will prompt if you are sure you want to change the extension, answer "yes".
Now you can double-click the file and it will open with Rainmeter Installer.
I suppose jamesmustain is using IE as web browser and this browser tend sometimes to download the .rmskin files as .zips. A while back, when I still was using IE (yes, don't be surprised a few years ago I still was using IE and had no problems with it) I experimented such extension replaces, but as described, changing it back to .rmskin fixes the issue.